Pick{Plectrum} Holder ♫♪♫

Had a wee bit of zebra wood and some walnut scraps...glued some up and hit the bandsaw and the lathe for some fun{need to get some measurement tools for turning{caliper's etc.}...anyways, pardon my lack of photo skills....and finishing skills as well :eek: ...it was just a lil strumthing with a dual purpose... keep my picks at hand & out of the wife's hair for a bit :rofl:

Approx. 8" tall & 7" over-all width by 2.5" deep...

That's too cool, Ken. :thumb:

I only use a couple different kinds of picks, but I have a collection of all kinds of them. Plastic, wood, stone, bone, steel, copper, re-shaped US quarter (which I used for a year or more), and even a solid gold one that a student had made for me when he was in Greece.

That's too cool, Ken. :thumb:

I only use a couple different kinds of picks, but I have a collection of all kinds of them. Plastic, wood, stone, bone, steel, copper, re-shaped US quarter (which I used for a year or more), and even a solid gold one that a student had made for me when he was in Greece.

Do you have them displayed? I mainly use thins & have no preference of maker{yet anyways}...somewhere I've still got a few felt ones from my bass days.
Edit: Thanks btw :)

Do you have them displayed? ...

Nah, most of them are stashed in an old Cross pen box hiding in a drawer. I hadn't though of making a display for them, but now that I think of it, I do have the technology, huh? :D

In most cases, I prefer a heavy pick. My favorite pick on an electric is a non-flexing stainless steel pick. Been using them for decades. The ones I use start out the same shape as the ones in your photo, but I grind them down a bit smaller, and put a rounder tip on them. For most acoustic stuff I like a heavy plastic pick with as little flex as possible, also reshaped a bit from stock.

Great idea, Ken. I have picks floating around the house everywhere. Every box I open has a couple of picks at the bottom of it. :rofl: Of course, the problem with having them all in one place is that the kids know where to find them, and then they tend to disappear....:rofl: But I do like the idea...hang it on the wall next to some other musical stuff....