Thread: Great fun on the range

Outside the beltway

Great fun on the range

I got to meet with a few really great guys and a gal. I worked with 2 of the gentleman who never shot a flint lock before and in competition I end up 2nd in the shoot behind The Gal with the In'line with a scope LOL by 1 point. We shoot at various objects Cards on end at 15 paces, march mellows at 25 yards, gum balls at 20 yards. paper target at 25 yards and a few other novelty idems.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Kansas City, Missouri
    Sounds like a really great time Dave. I signed up for some shooting competitions in my area recently too. This one will just be .22 pistols for fun, but a good way to get to know others.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Tacoma, WA

Thanks for the post. I used to shoot blackpowder guns but got out of it when my hunting partner retired (too old to walk the hills he claimed!) and I moved out of state.

I had a tompson bigbore 58 cal. Loved the gun. I've never shot a flintlock but it looks like fun! Outings like these are just good for the soul!

The one thing I learned in Blackpowder guns, was when you are plinking out in the woods (I don't know if you call shooting a 560 grain bullet plinking but...) and a spider comes down in front of you from the tree your under...filling the barrel 1/2 full of powder only and shooting off of your hip to incinerate a spider is not a smart thing to do. Bone head me thought there would be no recoil since there was no projectile. I could barley walk back to my car and I was laughing and crying at the same time. I did get the spider though! (started the tree on fire too but got it put out)

I'm going to have to get back in again.
    That's not even a smile! That's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!

Outside the beltway
    might be funny now but I bet you not happy with yourself after that.
    The guy in the Orange (Bob) never shot a black powder gun before and I worked with him. Got him holding the gun right and in the proper stance and hold for off hand. His 1st shot on paper was 1/2" off bull at 25 yards. He did good the rest of the day and placed in the top of the 40 some odd shooters that turned out.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Good day at the range. I am hoping to get back soon. Can't hold up my Jaeger flintlock so am back to a precussin. Lighter weight and shorter barrel. I'm not happy about it but I'll be shooting a front stuffer again.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire