I had a productive weekend after Larry left. My wife has been wanting to make some salt and pepper boxes for her friends like I made her. So I played with a miter lock bit for the first time. I definitely didn't think about the need for 90 degree work holding, will need a better jig to run short pieces with in the future. They teeter a little, but some sanding will fix that. My wife wanted to make them, so we settled on I did the cutting, she is sanding/gluing/finishing them.
So after cutting her parts out and making some crooked but ok miter lock joints, I started back finishing my workshop cabinets I started over christmas. I got the top row of drawer fronts finished and cut the recess to mount some lee valley maple drawer pulls:
I started gluing up some of the middle rows of drawers (no such thing as to many clamps)
And unfortunately, the last board I had purchased just didn't look like it would fit in with the rest of the maple. Most of it had a little figure scattered through, but it wasn't consistant enough that I would have wanted it for anything nice. Then I ran into this oddball board that just doesn't look right with the rest of the maple:
Guess I'll just have to throw it in the burn pile and go buy another one