Outa here!!

Jim Burr

Sort of. As soon as my surgeon has a minute between operations, my chest tube comes out and I am discharged :woohoo::beer::highfive:. My drainage really slowed over night so I don't have to take a drain home. Just need to be aware of my breathing so if my right chest cavity fills with fluid...I know what to do...scream...run...holler...cry. Stacey is here to wheel me home and I really want to wash my hair. See ya all in a while!:wave::wave:

Last edited:
Good news. Home is always better than the hospital even if you have great care givers. Home is home.
Hope your wife is a better wheel chair driver than mine. One time, after surgery at the VA hospital she ran me into walls twice before reaching the elevator. Despite being groggy from medications and in pain, I got up and walked figuring that was safer than with her pushing. :eek:

the human body is amazing.
you will not believe how better you feel in a couple of days home.
Youll be itching to spin wood in a couple of days and getting screamed at by your wife.
life is good.
rest up

Breathing the first non-hospital air in a week!! And doing the same thing I was doing at the hospital...sitting and watching TV...but boy is it good to be home!! Thanks for all the prayers, wishes, hopes and fuzzy feelings folks...now...out to the shop!! :rofl::rofl: