Is a board, a board or........

That is productive approach Frank, why do you think you should not use it? Unless you wanted a different board color, I wouldn't hesitate and go for it.

I also second the idea of making the boar head as big as the board allows you.

Thanks Toni. To me, it just felt like a shortcut over doing my own milling, cutting, planing, etc. It really turned out to be a productive, and inexpensive way of making this small project.
The Razorback hog (our state university mascot) small cheese cutting board was at my daughter's request. She approved the size beforehand. I have already made her a large cutting board for kitchen use. It is something I hope she will use for many-many years.

finished

Here is the finished board boar.
The bamboo was very easy to cut on the bandsaw. The material sands easily. I just used a little mineral oil and that is it. The white dowel I inserted for the eye turned dark. I think it looks better, not planned but a nice outcome.

Attachments

• hog board.jpg
    hog board.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 10
Here is the finished board boar.
The bamboo was very easy to cut on the bandsaw. The material sands easily. I just used a little mineral oil and that is it. The white dowel I inserted for the eye turned dark. I think it looks better, not planned but a nice outcome.

Frank

Thar Board made a very nice boar!

Looks good. Never know it didn't start as a board, wait it did.....