Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio recording question

Audio recording question

I have a friend of mine who's daughter is getting married in June, thus this question. The mothers of the couple want to record a message to the bride and groom that will be played at a point during the ceremony and it needs to be on CD, what is a good way to do that, is there an application that you can record on the computer then burn the CD I know this is a goofy question but for some reason I am stumped. So what advise have ya got for me

Thanks is advance

Tom

Tom, they could record themselves as a VIDEO on a DVD then have the AUDIO of that DVD played.
    It's not what you achieve in life...It's what you overcome!

If they have a microphone they can connect to their computer, they could use Audacity to record it. Then just burn the .WAV file to a CD.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

+1 on Audacity for the recording. It's free and easy to use.

I've been looking for software that you could use to burn it as a cd, but I honestly haven't burned a CD in years. I used to use Nero, and it worked great.

If you've got a media player (ipod, etc) the easiest thing would be to put it on an sd card, or media player, etc...

If it really, absolutely, needs to be on a cd, you might be able to use Itunes or some other media player software to do it.

It really depends on the format the DJ is going to need... IF it has to be a CD, make sure it's done as a music CD and not a data CD...

(And I thought technology was supposed to make things easier)...

If you were closer, I'd let you use my little handheld 4 track Zoom digtial Recorder and I'd burn the CD for you!

My Droid (phone) has a real good audio recorder and it can be jacked to an Aux in
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

If necessary, go to your local musical instr retailer and I bet they have a board with lots of people selling recording time. Pretty much every kid with a P4 or better, a soundcard and a microphone are calling themselves a "studio". But they would have the processing to burn a cleaned up signal and touch up if necessary. And it would be cheap...........
    Good luck

AWESOME thats why I came here with the question, I knew I would get answers Tom, I hadn't thought of using a video recorder and just use the audio, that can work Vaughn and Brent Audacity is another good option Jim, neither he or I have that fancy of a phone MJ that is another good option I will offer them I was told the a CD is a must, as that is what the church uses (and where it will be used during the ceremony). I think I will download Audacity on my computer and play with it and show it to them tonight along with all the others as we are going there for supper.
    Thanks again I think I have some good options for them

I am for the purpose of the program I use Sony Sound Forge. And write the CD is NERO.
    I love adventure. Therefore, I stay at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozsef Zsomle View Post
    I am for the purpose of the program I use Sony Sound Forge. And write the CD is NERO.
    Another good option I use NERO at work for archiving digital graphic files. Thanks Jozsef

Audacity is a good program, but in Window's (don't know if your using that), under accessories, is Windows sound recorder, which could just as easily be used. Then just use your burning program to make an audio cd.