Thread: Looking for photos (Roller Stand)

Looking for photos (Roller Stand)

I am trying to get a bunch of those stupid projects out of the way and get my shop more in line. I have a really nice roller that was salvaged from a treadmill. It has about 1/2" round shafts on the end that have a hole in them and are about 1" long. I would like to see some ideas for a roller stand base. I want to adjust it up and down to use on diffrent tools and I would love for it to fold flat so it can store easily. Any tips, hints, photos or general ideas would be great. I would like someting decent and not just hammered togather 2x4's. Thanks~

Lee,

I bought 4 of these at Home Depot for $19 each. They work well, are sturdy and adjustable. They also have little brackets that you can flip up to keep a board from sliding off the roller. I can go out later and take a pic in my shop if you want. The main unit has the roller, adjusting lever, base pipe and feet. There is a shorter pipe that connects the back set of feet to the main pipe at the adjuster lever, IIRC. It also folds flat for easy storage.
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 AM.

Now what is the fun in it if I can't make it for twice the cost and hours of work?? Maybe I should go price these things out, Eh??

I did have an idea about a "Rockler" like design, but using some t-track to adjust it up & down.

Well, the ones like that here, in Japan (imported from the USA, made in China ) are about $40 to $50 each, so I made one.

Sorry I do not have a pic of it, but it is just a simple thing like this....

Attachment 5325

I bought the roller for about $10, and made the stand up for about $5, well, that and a welder etc.

I think if they are $19, you would be ahead money and time wise to buy them.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I was sure I had a pic....