2011 Swap Box display thread

Box from Ken Werner

I received a package from Ken Werner yesterday. This great box was inside!:) The pictures don't do it justice!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ken, thank you so much! I really like it! My wife has been eying it as if she is making plans for it!:rofl:

Ike

Attachments

• DSC01398.jpg
    DSC01398.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC01396.jpg
    DSC01396.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC01397.jpg
    DSC01397.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC01395.jpg
    DSC01395.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC01394.jpg
    DSC01394.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
my swap gifts from Steve Bellinger

OK, here is the beautiful gift trove I received in the swap from Steve Bellinger. I was, and still am, very touched by the beauty in both his items and his thoughtfulness. Y'all other swappers are going to find it very difficult to top this.
The box is 10"wide X 5" high. No need to describe, you can see the beauty and expertise in it's construction. Design, inlays, finish, everything combine to make a very special item. I have never come close to creating a thing of beauty like this.
The small hollow form with finials is a work of art, as unique as it is beautiful. It is about 5 3/4" high X 3 1/2" wide. Very delicate.
Tiny bell that actually has a ringer in it, 4" tall.
And, the bear claw shaped knife. Not something he made but still a very special gift to me.
Steve made a box that surpasses anything we (I) expected in this swap. I'm blown away by that alone. My very humble offering to the recipient cannot compare. I'm going to label it as coming from Vaughn and not me. ;)
The hollow form is a real plus, beautiful gift. It might go to my daughter-in-law when she returns. Her birthday is today but this is no joke.
The bell really demonstrates what kind of person Steve is. He thought of my wife. Somewhere along the line I must have mentioned she is an avid bell collector. She really got excited when she saw this. One of a kind handmade and beautiful to boot. Her appreciation is over the top. Steve thinking about my wife put my appreciation way over the top.
And, finally, Steve gave me this small knife he has had for many years. It is a personal item. It is a bear claw style. Again, Steve remembered, at one time I had mentioned I have a 'thing' for bears and have worn a bear claw necklace constantly for more than forty years. I would have to get gushy to explain how I feel about this personal gesture.
Thanks alone is not adequate. Thank you, Steve.

Attachments

• bear claw knife.jpg
    bear claw knife.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 88
  • tiny bell.jpg
    tiny bell.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 94
  • small hollow form.jpg
    small hollow form.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 96
  • box open.jpg
    box open.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 103
  • box closed.jpg
    box closed.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
OK, everybody who's thinking it'd be nice to have do-overs right about now raise your hand. :wave: :p

Frank, you scored bigtime there, buddy. :thumb: Steve, high fives for a job well done.
high5.gif