Just want to get a handle on the OSB thing

Did you use OSB for a box in the swap this year.

• Never Considered it for even a second. It's an affront to the dignity of the box swap!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Thought about it, but didn't.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • You kidding? I thought it was a requirement!

• It's the only material I used!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So Just putting up an anonymous poll to get a feel for the pranksters out there.

How many of you used some of that fancy flat OSB (Original Stringy Burl) for a box in the box swap this year?

I had full intentions of using some on my box project (in a way that would not look like OSB), but when I ran into trouble with Plan A, I shelved the OSB idea, since it wouldn't have worked for Plan B.

Last night, I ended up making something out of the OSB I'd prepped for Plan A. I'll post pics in a few days. ;)

Actually.....

There is a premium 3/4" OSB made for floors that is waterproof and stable as all heck. Can be underwater for weeks and still stays flat/no swelling. I've thought it may make a good base for a veneered project. I use it on all the houses that I build, it saves me money in the long run.

:eek: :eek:

http://rolustudio.com/plus-chair-osb.html

plus-osb-front-web.jpg

Personally I think that it is a material that could lead to some interesting and pleasant results. Not easy though, and not so simplistic as the pic you show Brent.

If you happen to have the book "Sam Maloof woodworker" he made several pieces in his early days which are very digne, and not because they are made by him.

In a german woodworking book I have from the forties, they also show some unexpected applications of that material.

So in these sort of challenges is were creativity thrives.

To see what can be achieved why not organize a contest where it should be compulsory to use that material?:whistling:

Personally I think that it is a material that could lead to some interesting and pleasant results. Not easy though, and not so simplistic as the pic you show Brent.

If you happen to have the book "Sam Maloof woodworker" he made several pieces in his early days which are very digne, and not because they are made by him.

In a german woodworking book I have from the forties, they also show some unexpected applications of that material.

So in these sort of challenges is were creativity thrives.

To see what can be achieved why not organize a contest where it should be compulsory to use that material?:whistling:

That's actually a pretty interesting idea.... :huh: