Thread: GRR-Ripper question--dust collection???

GRR-Ripper question--dust collection???

Thought I wanted to get a GRR-Ripper. Thought I wanted to get a Shark Guard. Guess I need to think some more don't I? It appears that lack of dust collection is the major down side to the GRR-Ripper. Am I missing something here?
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I gave up on DC on top of the T-S long ago safely controlling the work is much more important. I have never seen good DC that allowed for good control or good control that allowed for good DC. It's either one or the other. I'll take good control.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I agree Bart. It's much to long to change out from DC over TS for rip cut in order to use the gripper then back to the DC for a cross cut. I just have the vacume from the back and I use the Griper.

I really depends on how you work and what saw you have. On saws with riving knives, such as the BT3xxx series, while that isn't a heavy duty saw, the Shark guard is easily removable for when you would want to use the Grr-Ripper.

I have both, but am seriously (to the point it is in an unpowered garage) considering selling my TS, because of the way I work (gone to the EZ Smart system). The Grippers however, I find that the TS isn't the only tool I will use them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Randal Stevenson View Post
    I really depends on how you work and what saw you have. On saws with riving knives, such as the BT3xxx series, while that isn't a heavy duty saw, the Shark guard is easily removable for when you would want to use the Grr-Ripper.

I have both, but am seriously (to the point it is in an unpowered garage) considering selling my TS, because of the way I work (gone to the EZ Smart system). The Grippers however, I find that the TS isn't the only tool I will use them with.
    I too have the EZ system when I get into a bigger shop will set up a permanent table grid I now have the fold down table.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart