CD duplication

Jeff Horton

I need to burn multiple copies of a CD. Too low volume and changes to often to have a 100 at time burned. But enough that I am considering a stand alone(?) CD burner that would burn 2 or 3 at time. Just so long as my computer isn't tied up burning a few CDs.

Just wondering if anyone had an recommendations or ideas. We have a diverse group here so thought I would ask.

Jeff, I had a little educational business I just shut down and was able to get away with 1offing the disks as the orders came in. Sometimes in batches. The puters are getting stronger and the software better, but I never really do any work while I'm burning to minimize disk failure. If you have large quantity needs, it might be faster to contract it out vs buying high output duplicators. Just a thought... Good luck!
mj

Yeah,

I did some research on this for a friend a little while ago and they were looking at around 100 and wanted it to look nice. I did find some online duplicators that would do it fairly reasonable.

But if you are only going to do a few at a time, I'm not sure how reasonable a multi duplicator will be...

Maybe you could hire a local kid to baby sit your computer and create the disks for your?

I'll chime in. For $149 I would just burn them while not doing other things. A CD burns in just a few minutes so do one when you break for coffee, one at lunch, etc. I guess around my house on a shop day I could pop into the office to swap CD's every 15 - 20 minutes and crank out quite a few as opposed to spending the cost of a couple good tablesaw blades :D

Not sure what kind of burner you have, but some of the dedicated cd burners ($25) are faster than the dvd/cd combo burners. Might be another option just get a faster cd burner. I like the rent a kid option to burn them personally. Got any kids/nieces/nephews that need a couple bucks?

Just looking at options. What happens is I get an order and of course I am out of CD's. I hate sitting here waiting so I never burn many at one time.

So I have burn one and I have to wait while it does it thing. Like last night, I was ready for bed but wanted to get a package ready so I didn't have to do it this morning. Had to wait on it to burn before I could finish up order. Not a big deal at this point but I am not good at sitting and watching a progress bar while I do nothing.

Looking for a faster burner sounds like a good option for now.

As business grows I may need a dedicated burner so just looking at options now. Plus, never know some slick trick someone might have come up with. I am always impressed with the ingenuity for some people.