Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from a noob in the Colorado Mountains

Red Feather Lakes, CO

Howdy from a noob in the Colorado Mountains

I will try to keep this short.
    Retired from the Army three years ago.
    Moved to the mountains.
    I like wood working. I have some basic skills but not any of the technical skills most of the people on this site have.
    I am trying to get back into leather working but the remodel and maintenance on this place is taking all my time.
    I am up to my butt in alligators. The wife wants three new bathrooms, 2 new bedrooms and a total kitchen remodel done. We aren't adding anymore space. Just moving walls around the existing structure. We want to do all the cabinets to be done in beetle kill pine from our property. I dropped about 25 trees last year and have 30 to 40 trees that are dead standing that need to come down before June. I need to build a work shop in the garage to do all this.
    I have a very smart and great wife that loves power tools.
    I will be asking for a lot of advice. I am in over my head with all this remodel stuff. Putting up walls and installing stuff is easy. Making the stuff to install is a little harder. It's going to be a step learning curve.

DSM, IA
    Welcome to the Family Mark. What part of the CO mountains are you in...I've spent a bit of time in the area of Rocky Mountain National Park area and Boulder...lovely country!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Well Mark you are welcome here and ask all the questions you want. One thing to remember though is we like pictures as a matter of fact some on here would say if there are no pictures it didn't happen...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Plainwell, Michigan
    Welcome Mark WOW do you have a honey do list I bet you will handle it well and sure look forward fo following your progress

Reno NV
    Welcome Mark!

We've got a lot of helpful folks here, so feel free to jump in and start asking questions!

Red Feather Lakes, CO
    We are 5 miles east of Red Feather Lakes. It is about 20 or 30 miles directly north of Estes Park.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Welcome Mark. Greetings from Vancouver Island, where it's sunny today for a change!

There are people here of all skill levels, so don't be shy about asking tons of questions (I do).

This is a warm and friendly group, and you'll find plenty of help for whatever projects you're working on.....Welcome to the Family.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family Mark!

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Hungary, Budapest
    Welcome to the Family Mark

I love adventure. Therefore, I stay at home.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Welcome Mark !!!!!!

Your wife likes power tools Man. some guys have all the luck

Thank you for your service.
    Faith, Hope & Charity