Thread: Showdown in Elk Town (Estes Colorado)

Showdown in Elk Town (Estes Colorado)

They put on quite a show

Click Here
    Jesus was a Woodworker

That's enough to keep me here on flat ground. They are magnificent looking animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Newby View Post
    That's enough to keep me here on flat ground. They are magnificent looking animals.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    well If you really want to learn to respect em try driving an 18 wheeler loaded to gross (80,000 lbs.) down a steep grade at 3 in the morning and have one run out in front of your at 3 in the morning that'll get your juices flowing.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

they are beautiful animals, but are best left alone and viewed from a distance.

Just look at all those elk antler pens walking around on the hoove.... I'm glad I wasn't one of those guys that got charged... I'm afraid I might have embarrassed my self and no place to change my pants...

My wife and I looked around Lakeland, Tx... just north of Austin a few years back when we started looking for retirement property... deer were everywhere there like the elk were... we had to watch for the deer in the streets and people's yards, feeding on all the shrubbery and lawns... beautiful sight, fortunately or unfortunately ... haven't decided which, the property was out of our price range up there....

my son wanted to be a policeman for a while and actually went through an academy and was hired in the Lakeland department - after we looked up there -- he said half of his duties seemed to be to go around and shoot the deer that people hit with their cars and left laying on the side of the road... the other half was babysitting the teenagers who were out in and about town with too much alcohol and daddy's cars.
    Chuck
    Tellico Plains, TN
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/TellicoTurnings
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.