April Fool's Day

Ken, a few years ago in my office, for April Fools me and another woman wrote a very official looking letter and sent it (without the knowledge of my boss) to half a dozen of our oil and gas partners, we hand-picked the stuffiest, most egotistical jerks, telling them that we were doing a naked men calendar for charity (like the older ladies did in England in 1990 to raise money for leukemia research. They ended up raising 500K, and it was later made into a movie) and that each of these guys had been suggested for "May" or "June" or whatever.

In those days we had some water well drilling operations in Hawaii, so we made up the name of some bogus charity, like Pacific Red Sea Slug Hibernation Research or some such nonsense. We said that we wanted them to come in for a photo shoot, and gave as the contact, one of the stuffier, squarer guys in our own office (without telling him).

We sent all these letters by courier, and of course, the guy in our office started getting calls right away. He came rushing out of his office all red-faced, "what in the world is going on?" "Are we doing some kind of calendar?" Our own boss heard about it in short order and thought it was so funny, he gave us a list of another dozen names to send the letter to. A lot of the guys who originally received the letter thought it was real, and they were all ready to come in and take it off, so to speak....morons. My girlfriend and I laughed until we cried....for days....:rofl: :rofl:

Told all my kids on my bus route a year or so back that the bottom step was broken and they had to step over it/get on the bus without using it. They would get to the top and I would say, "April Fools!". Well after about five kids, they would sit anxiously then announce "APRIL FOOLS!!!". It was the best gag, missed it this year, but have a great one planned for next year. 90% of them were wary this year. Next year, rubber snakes between the seats and wall, we usually clean this area a couple of times a year, I walk down the middle aisle with a bag and they clean their mess, bet that will be a screaming mess next year!!!! :doh::eek::rofl::D

I'm so glad someone looked/replied...for a while there I thought it may have been my breath.

Cynthia, Jonathan... those are great :rofl::rofl: , I luv April fools day, started my morning off waking the wife, yelling "the dog got loose and is headed for the highway", haven't seen her{the Mrs} move that fast in ages...
Yeah she caught me, but I'll heal ...

I have a key to the neighbor's house next door. I let her dogs out during the day while she's at work so they can play with ours...Anyways, I called her at work today and asked her why the moving guys were taking her new couch and that I really wished she would of mentioned it to me beforehand...I had to wash my ears out with soap after listening to her response :eek: :D

Ken, one time a friend of mine's husband (someone not a lot different than you) called my girlfriend during the day to tell her he had hurt himself at work (he had his own business and shop) and wanted her to come and drive him to the hospital. It was April 1, and she hung up on him....like 4 times....over the course of an hour.....until he convinced her that he wasn't joking.....and she went and got him.....and took him for about 30 stitches.....:rofl: :rofl:

Ken, one time a friend of mine's husband (someone not a lot different than you) called my girlfriend during the day to tell her he had hurt himself at work (he had his own business and shop) and wanted her to come and drive him to the hospital. It was April 1, and she hung up on him....like 4 times....over the course of an hour.....until he convinced her that he wasn't joking.....and she went and got him.....and took him for about 30 stitches.....:rofl: :rofl:

The little boy who cried wolf has bit me before as well :doh::rofl: