It's Friday Gang

Supposed to be heading down to the farm in Va with a tiller. I have 4 food plots to get ready and me thinks the ground is just a little wet. So Probably be in the shop tomorrow and Sunday church followed by a long awaited discussion will be happening about opening up a School of Finishing. A college buddy who is also a top notch finisher will be by Sunday afternoon or Monday and we are hoping to make it happen after years of talking about it.

Mostly shop time on Saturday. Making a flag/display case for my son and a jewelry box for my daughter (for some reason I'm in the box making mood :dunno:)
Finishing up plans for the bed for my grandson.

Sunday church then Sunday dinner. Maybe some shop time after that.

Continue working on the rolling kitchen island for the neice. Got the carcase, drawer boxes, lift, and butcher-block top done. Gotta start on panels and doors now.

Outside stuff. Need to get the irrigation tank patched, pump replaced, filled, etc...

Spray weeds if it doesn't rain, if it does grade the driveway.

If I can get that done, maybe some drawers for the shop.

Got family in town until next thursday. Been working on stair treads, need to finish sanding them down and cutting to size. Going to pre-finish and do the final coat in place.

Need to start some yard clean-up. Might go rent a large rotor tiller and try to get a garden started too if it doesn't rain.

Something else...oh yeah...Larry's coming by Monday! :thumb:

In OK with grandkids, through the rest of next week while my son and wife go the Hawaii on a trip won through his work. Should be quite a week for them and my wife and I.

Move hay rings and feed yearlings and cows. Putting hay rings in new spots so cows will hopefully calve on the hay remains near the house so Lou can see the newborn calves with her opra glasses.
Clean up the shop. Ambassador coming this time next week. It is not presentable as is.
Mail box Sat. morning. Students loved it, hope the recipient does also.
Sunday supposed to rain, shop and garage all day. Want to hang each and every fishing pole on the East interior wall of the garage plus have at least ten extra spots for when the kids leave their gear here.
Shew, no wonder the weekends go fast! :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Clean the basement and garage and gather stuff for a Garage Sale in May.

Spend 10 minutes to compete the wooden bowl/cup I made several weeks ago and is still sitting in the chuck on the lathe. I just need to flip it and turn the tenon off the bottom.

My daughter lost her pencil bag at school so I need to turn her another pen. She's been busting my chops saying - what are you going to make for people after you have made everyone a pen. Now I can say - I'll just wait for them to lose the first one and make another. :rofl:

I want to take a closer look at the oak rocker I picked up at the auction several weeks ago. I need to decide if it goes in the Garage Sale or if I take it apart and rework it. It NEEDS the plastic seating replaced with cloth or leather and a general tightening up.

Not gonna get any of it done this weekend but that's what on the radar.

Since I have ADHD - the focus of my attention bounces around like a tennis ball at the US Open.

Cheers

Jim

I get to go to workk tomorrow. Yipe skipe. I think that I veg in the shop. Maybe clean a bit since I may have the big guy coming thru. Sharpen some more chisels before my next project. Dad want a frame for the silk map of Japan that was headlined in the newspaper when Japan surrendered. Also may have a job of building a cedar chest for some friends that lost theirs in the tornado last year.

Mud wrestling...winter tore our backyard to shreds this year, and now that it's thawing the younger pup thinks he's a tiller. There are mini lakes sprouting up all over, and after he dips into each one, he comes prancing into the shop or the house to show what a big help he is :doh:. Other than that, loafing in the shop as usual :thumb: