bosch contractor job saw

larry merlau

tod has one at the job site and his customer just called and said it wont start back up..is there a reset button on there anwheretht needs to reset? its a model 4000? but it needs to get back on for monday:)

thanks for any help that can help us out...

Looked up the manual, doesn't say anything about a reset. I'd be with Chuck, check the cord and the breaker. ;)

From the manual:

TROUBLE: SAW WILL NOT START

PROBLEM
1. Power cord is not plugged in.
2. Fuse or circuit breaker tripped.
3. Cord damaged.
4. Burned out switch.

REMEDY
1. Plug saw in.
2. Replace fuse or reset tripped circuit breaker.
3. Have cord replaced by an Authorized Bosch Service
Center or Service Station.
4. Have switch replaced by an Authorized Bosch Service
Center or Service Station.

There is a backup system in the gear box. You need to check to see if the pug fell out and the hamster got lose. I think it's like $12 for a new hamster and a piece of duct tape to cover the hole and your good to Go!

I've got the same saw. Don't know what would cause it to just stop working.

I would check to make sure you have power at the saw, then I would do a continuity check of the saw to make sure power can go through the saw and to make sure the switch is working. I would also make sure a cutoff piece of wood is not stuck under the blade in the dust shroud.

Last I would check the brushes on the motor to see if there is something wrong here, though the continuity test should give a ruling on this too.

Sorry, that's all my 2cents can come up with.

On this plus side, this could be a great opportunity to buy a new sawstop contractor saw!!!

Brian