Thread: we have gone Droid

we have gone Droid

I'm not sure I am happy about this.
    Our two year contract with our cell phone company has expired and we are/were in need of new phones. My wife wanted a full blown deal with internet, apps, GPS, automatic nose wiper and, Oh, yes, it even allows talking.
    I would have been happy with just a talkie.
    But, she picked out the fancy-dancy, most expensive one. Actually, not a bad price with the contract renewal and trade in of our youngest grandchild.
    Since we were going to be paying for the additional data package I decided I might as well make use of it also.
    Then there was the issue of fitting the extra cost into the budget. We fought about that for a while. I was at a handicap. Hitting her very hard in a public place wouldn't have looked good so I let her beat the stuffings out of me. We are giving up food one day a week to pay for the fancy-dancy phone, with Blue Feet, Black Teeth, 'apps' and other strange features.
    I hoping it will prove useful and help us keep up with this amazing changing world.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Let us know if you have any questions or need app recommendations (like "Angry Birds")...pretty soon you might be wondering how you ever wasted so much time doing anything else.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Frank, I know what you are talking about, but when wife came home with 2 Blackberrys (phones not fruit) I thought why do I need that. Well long story short, I love the thing. Can get weather, news, keep up with email and though I hate to admit it I don't think I could get along without it. Our contract is up this summer and we are already talking Droid.

Congrats Frank! I just went droid and I love it. I'm sure it even has the ability on it somewhere to do that 'talking' think you are typing about....

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia

I have an iphone, and I have to say I love the new technology. As far as fasting to pay for it, we've agreed on peanut butter and jelly 3 days a week to outfit my shop. And I'll give you a tip--a spoon of peanut butter helps to stave off the hunger at midday.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I'm not sure I am happy about this.
    Our two year contract with our cell phone company has expired and we are/were in need of new phones. My wife wanted a full blown deal with internet, apps, GPS, automatic nose wiper and, Oh, yes, it even allows talking.
    I would have been happy with just a talkie.
    But, she picked out the fancy-dancy, most expensive one. Actually, not a bad price with the contract renewal and trade in of our youngest grandchild.
    Since we were going to be paying for the additional data package I decided I might as well make use of it also.
    Then there was the issue of fitting the extra cost into the budget. We fought about that for a while. I was at a handicap. Hitting her very hard in a public place wouldn't have looked good so I let her beat the stuffings out of me. We are giving up food one day a week to pay for the fancy-dancy phone, with Blue Feet, Black Teeth, 'apps' and other strange features.
    I hoping it will prove useful and help us keep up with this amazing changing world.

Faith, Hope & Charity