Glassman's Gloat

LOML has realized his life dream, and now newly retired, he got himself an old car :camera: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: ;) and one of those things to raise it and lower it. :camera: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: Maybe some of you guys can identify with him--not me :bonkers: The only thing missing now is the beer fridge and the recliner. He's threatening (promising) to spend lots of hours in there. :thumb: :thumb:

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg

I'm gonna have one some day. A hoist will make things so much easier when doing maintenance. Just waxing the rocker panels, raise it up instead of bending upside down!!! I am envious Cynthia. Looks like a great ride also. More my style, not an original, better, little more horsepower, stopping and rideability (if that is a word). :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cool, can use the hoist to get the bar stools down when the frig is hosting :thumb:

Kinda defeats the purpose of sending him to the dog-house, when the dog-house looks that good! ;) Score one for Glassman :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I *love* those barstools! You guys are going to help me refinish them when I do my new ugly hickory kitchen (are you listening Chuck?) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And no, it doesn't defeat the purpose. If he's happy, then I'm happy. I tell him to go lose his mind in there. :thumb: :thumb:

I was a car nut once upon a time.
Now I am just a nut.

However, I seem to be developing into a wood nut
I guess they don't use as many nuts in woodworking as they do in cars---
Maybe I am just becoming a wood glue.

And with that I guess I better leave you,

Enjoy,

Jim

Cynthia, you left out the 2 most important things...what kind of car is it and what kind of beer is required for admission. Will scotch do?

Cynthia, you left out the 2 most important things...what kind of car is it and what kind of beer is required for admission. Will scotch do?

Jim, he likes Coors Lite and the occasional Drambuie (gross). But you don't need alcohol for admission, all you need is a fleeting knowledge of transmissions or Chevys or the 60's or the 70's or rock and roll or bluegrass and you'll be In Like Flint. ;) :rofl: :rofl:

I think it's a 56 Chevy. (I mentioned it a while ago in a different thread.) :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

56chevy.jpg

can't see the tail light but it's either a 55 or a 56. If the tail lights are pointed then a 56 otherwise a 55.
I had a 55 and a 57.

Here: does this help?

chevy3.jpg

chevy2.jpg

And Allen, yes, he does let me drive it, but frankly, I prefer not to. That thing is so precious to him........and I was born in '62, so it doesn't mean that much to me. Glassman's dad taught auto mechanics at the technical school (now a univ.) in Calgary like 50 years ago, so Glassman grew up around car talk/hot rods, etc.

And Ken, yeah, that's been his dream. An old Chevy and a lift. That's all he wanted.......so I'm really happy for him. He got some good tools and cabinets on CL, so now he's fixing up the shop, hanging pictures etc......making it his special space......

Last edited: