it lives

Frank Fusco

I dug this old PC router, model 532M, out from under my work bench. I have never used it and it is unlikely it has been run in 25 years. It is part of the 'stuff' I inherited from my father. Highly probable it is well over 50 years old.
Plugged in, runs great. It has a 1/2" bit in it. Fortunately, I have a set of 1/2" bits I bought from the close-out room at Grizzly plus a dozen or so in the 'stuff'.
I plan to use it soon for something that will surpise folks, most of all, me.

Attachments

• PC router.jpg
    PC router.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 70
Hmm, I'm going to guess that Frank is going to use it to make some kind of an alarm clock with it. I'm guessing that would surprise just about everyone... :rofl:

'Bout time you fired up that old beast! That is one cool router Frank-love the D handle base most of all. I'll bet your Dad has a big smile.:thumb:

There is just something that makes a soul feel good when they use an old tool like that. I would make a real nice shelf for the living room and put it on the wall when I wasn't using it. It is even better since it was your Dad's.

Chances are you are going to remember and treasure the pieces you use this router on and even grow to enjoy working with it more than any tool you have. Call it sentimental or just a love of the old tools. Wish they made them as dependable now as they did then.