First real turning project

Glen Simpson

That's very cool, Glen. You made a nice form, and the finish looks great. No telltale sanding marks in the photos. The fact that it has the natural edge made it more challenging, especially for a first hollowed turning. Way to got. :clap:

Darn good job!

I'd think starting off small like that would be way more difficult. Very nicely done!

Nice looking litte piece, and it looked clean from the pics. Form and finish look good from here. Stay at it and keep posting!
mj

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool Glen. Finish looks nice and smooth!
It's important to remember...Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!

Thanks everyone, you are all very kind. Yep, they are nuts, here is a photo in the raw state.

IMG_0456.jpg

Size wise they are about the size of a tennis ball and hard as a rock. I wouldn't want to be under the tree when they started to fall.

Here is a shot with a couple of the Tagua Nuts, I am told buttons used to be made from them. The instructor made a fantastic little vase out of one. They seem to be much harder to work with since they usually have large cracks in them and can be rather eventful when they fail.

IMG_0457.jpg

Again, thank you for all of your comments. The Wife usually says "Cute".

Glen