Are you a giver or a taker??????

IM probably wrong(yes, I read Larrys post and was fine with it), but I believe Rob is very enthusiastic about the way things are run here, with the voting process and the board determining who will be the moderators.
Hes a wordly fellow, lived and worked in many countries as Ive read all his posts, and there might have been places hes been or lived that didnt excercise a democratic way of voting, so hes just like ok, this is great, lets get on it and vote for our new moderators.
I never met him, but he sounds like a great person and dont think his post was in any way or form "threatening" or trying to be too forceful.
Enthusiastic is more like it.

Never met Larry either, but he sounds like a pretty cool guy also and I enjoy reading his posts as well. He knows a hec of alot more about woodworking then I ever will.

70 people voted, whats the problem? That is probably about how many people are REALLY active on the board. I don't care what the software calls active, that is probably close to real number of active members. Most US elections don't average 30% turnout and it heck a lot more important. I think the number who voted is in good.

So what if someone didn't vote? It is their choice.

I dont believe there is any problem.

I too do not think there is a problem, 70 is a decent number.

I also agree that Rob's enthusiasm is great, and that his post was just that, but I also must stand with Larry on the point that choosing NOT to vote is as valid a position as voting is.

From what I can recall of Larry's post the only thing I saw that was in violation of the CoC was the use of a two letter acronyms..... ah... "Barbra Streisand" ;) that is not allowed, "Bull Feathers" or such would be, but that two letter acronyms is clearly against the CoC, and we all have gone round and round about that rule in the past :rolleyes: and I do not wish to revisit that discussion.

I think that voting here or anywhere is a great responsibility, but I also think that to coerce one to vote (and I'm NOT saying Rob is trying to do that!!) is a bad thing, like the tin pot dictators who get 99.9% of the vote :doh: Deciding to NOT vote is a valid option.

While we are on the subject, just lurking or viewing the forum while never posting is also a very valid way of participating, nothing at all wrong with that.

BTW Mods, you have 48 hours from the time you moved Larry's post to the moderator drop zone to resolve the issue. The clock is ticking dudes ;) :D :thumb:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Stu

ofcourse noone has to vote, but Im glad there are people who are willing to give up their valuable time to watch over this board and keep it up and running.
Lurkers are part of all boards, but without people who participate, there would not be any place for the lurkers to lurk.
And without moderators, both for policing and administrative reasons, there might not be a board worth posting on.

I guess I am the odd duck. In any election I really don't want those voting that aren't glad and thankful for the opportunity. Here, government, church or even the Coke /Pepsi challenge..

Garry