Shop Dog

Don't understand how folks who don't know how to take care of pets get them in the first place. Baley is one luck dog.

I think we are the lucky ones, the wife and I were both really stressed with work at that time and at one time he had us walking 18-21 miles a week. I suspect he saved our health back then.

By the way the mother his sister looked like pure dalmatian. So when asked what he is I always reply dalmatian with one white spot on his belly...

Garry

Last edited:
Here are my two newest ones
Holly is a Decker Terror she acts more like a cat that barks :rofl:
View attachment 55758

And this is Poppy she is a Vizslapoo the first to be registered for this breed and she is going to make a great Shop Dog nothing bothers her and everyone is a friend ( or a chew toy ):D
View attachment 55759

Jay I don't think she like being called Vizslapoo from the looks of her eyes. :rofl:

Hi Cynthia; I'd better clear this up, Lucy's my love, the Boston Terror is Maggie Mae!

Mack,
Our Maggie Mae is a mixture of jack russell and who knows what... she was born with the short tail and has a mind of her own. If she wants to come inside she will, but if she's not interested, she will actually look away from you and ignore you as if to say "Can't hear you!!"... my pictures of her are earlier years when she was more interested in being inside... most of the time she would rather be out side looking for one of the neighbor's dogs to play with. She and her brother was found on the side of the road when they were about 3 or 4 months old.... we took Maggie and the brother went to someone in town... she's a sweetheart.... she'll come to the shop for cookies, but won't eat them in the shop... if I start a machine she leaves.

LOML called a few minutes ago to inform me that we have a new dog coming home with her. :rolleyes: Pics will surely follow...

While buying cattle dewormer today at the farmstore, I put some cash in a jar on a table for a greyhound rescue group. They had a male and a female greyhound there. Very nice docile dogs. Asked if I rescued one if it would ever be able to be loose on my forty acres. Guy said no. They are sight dogs, three jumps and up to forty mph!!! But I will tell you, that pair of dogs if I were in a situation where I had a fenced yard, I would have taken one home. Coyotes got my new brindle boxer a couple of weeks ago along with a tom turkey of ours. Turkey season starts in a week and a half so once I bag a bird, coyotes are on the top of the list and will be hunted aggressively. Calving starts soon, want them on alert that this is not a safe place to be around (the coyotes, not the calves!!!).

Last edited:
Well here is a pic of my shop dogs. They'll lay down and go to sleep in the shop with the tools running but bring a camera out and they scatter!:doh: Go figure.
4-17-11 019.JPG4-17-11 018.JPG4-17-11 020.JPG

Attachments

• 4-17-11 021.JPG
    4-17-11 021.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 37
That does it for me, in my next life i want to be a shop dog. Preferably Cynthias where i get a nice cosy bed to lie on all day and i bet the best dog food going.:)

Great pictures all, I have my hands full with boys.

Love the mastiff pics they are fantastic dogs in my experience. Just slobber a bit too much.

Another great bread is what is called a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Jonathan you need one on the farm. They will let you know when the ole Wile e coyote is around too.:)