Using up the Offcuts

Chas Jones

Walnut, Ash and Oak Box, 7" dia.
Finished with Cellulose Sanding Sealer, buffed and Microcrystalline wax.

Attachments

• DSCN2440.JPG
    DSCN2440.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2443.JPG
    DSCN2443.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN2444.JPG
    DSCN2444.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 44
Thanks for the comments folks, things been a bit slow around here lately on the wood front, had large commission of metal turning to do over the winter months, then Ano-Domini poked it's head up a couple of weeks or so ago and kept me out of the shop.
Jim I use a chop saw to cut the segments, If set up carefully with everything true and a good sharp blade it does the job for segments this sort of size.

That's a great-looking box, Chas. The ash has some nice curl to it...not your average everyday ash. :thumb:

And I also echo the "good to see you back" sentiments. :wave:

... The ash has some nice curl to it...not your average everyday ash.

The Ash and Walnut off cuts are coming from a funiture manufacturing company that makes hotel furniture and fittings, initially as firewood for someone in the village who thought it was too good to burn, a few "thank you" pieces to the original donator and subsiquently back to the prime source sees it arriving now at the rate of about 25kilos a month.

As far as the figuring is concerned it's a bit frustrating at times, having decided which orientation gives easiest cut sequence from the bits, several times pieces show outstanding figure on the mating glue surfaces when cleaned up.

Not a gloat Honest :whistling: but delivery of these light/shower pulls last week resulted in another sack of Walnut.

Attachments

• DSCN2439M.JPG
    DSCN2439M.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 9