Wedding Pens for the Preacher

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
A preacher buddy of mine asked me to make a few pens for him. He likes to use a nice pen to sign the paperwork after wedding ceremonies, then give it to the newly betrothed as a memento of the day. (I'm still trying to figure out why he came to me, since he likes nice pens.) :p

Between the two of us, we picked a new (to me) pen kit...something kinda fancy, seeing as how they're for weddings and all that. We settled on the Apollo Infinity kit from Penn State. Turns out they make a great-looking pen, but they're a bear to turn successfully, since the wood on the brass tubes ends up REAL thin on the smaller tube. I think it took me over a dozen pen blanks to end up with five semi-presentable pens. Of course someone who turns pens coulda probably done it with ten. :lol:

Here's what got shipped east today. The silver hardware is rhodium plated, and the gold is gold titanium plated. For some reason, the photos look grainier than the pens do in person. (Particularly the lavender box elder and the amboyna burl.) I'm hoping he likes them when he sees them...

Dyed Box Elder...

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2001%20-%20600.jpg

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2006%20-%20600.jpg

Amboyna Burl...

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2002%20-%20600.jpg

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2007%20-%20600.jpg

Walnut...

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2003%20-%20600.jpg

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2010%20-%20600.jpg

More Dyed Box Elder...

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2004%20-%20600.jpg

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2009%20-%20600.jpg

And yet even More Dyed Box Elder...

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2005%20-%20600.jpg

MC%20Wedding%20Pens%2008%20-%20600.jpg

C&C, as well as general heckling and snickering, is welcome. :D

Very elegant pens. The wood really sets off the plating. Going to be some great gifts. Kind of makes you want to run out and get married!:thumb::p

Pens for the preacher....Hmmm, a strong penchant, seeking penance to avoid penalty for past penitence, keeps penetrating my thoughts...hope I don't get penalized for attempting to penetrate any pending penumbra of your past :rofl:

BTW, your penmanship is penthouse salacious...:thumb:

Yes I hear you saying 'put the pencil down'... and yer right, I may be sick, I'm off to receive some penicillin :wave:

[Note to self - stay away from dictionaries when bored}

All fine and well done. Elegant styles.
Glad you commented on the platings. I have long shunned PSI pen kits because of problems with their platings not holding up and them not stating exactly what the platings were. I'll take a new look at their offerings.

I aim to please, so let's see...
Snickering: Sorry, can't oblige you there :dunno:

General Heckling: You must be right-handed. How come none of the pens are allowed to point down and to the left? :rofl:

C&C: I've said it before, I'll say it again ... How come newlyweds get all the best stuff? :huh:
Great job Vaughn! :wave::thumb::wave:

I swear that I commented on these pens last night! I like em alot and had a very witty comment regarding the institution of marriage. Not witty enough to repeat!:rofl:
mj