Another completed project

Alan Bienlein

Well here is a computer desk that was just completed for a friend of mines sister. The material was supplied by his brother-in-law from logs he cut at the mill he works at.
4-8-2011 008.JPG4-8-2011 009.JPG4-8-2011 010.JPG
4-8-2011 011.JPG4-8-2011 013.JPG4-8-2011 012.JPG

Well, if I want to get more projects built it would seem I have to change my name to some form of "Allen", or "Alan"! :rofl::rofl:

Very nicely done, sir! How was the cedar to work with?

Well, if I want to get more projects built it would seem I have to change my name to some form of "Allen", or "Alan"! :rofl::rofl:

Very nicely done, sir! How was the cedar to work with?

Thanks for the compliment Rennie.

The cedar was nice to work with. It had been cut for about 4 to 5 years and air dried. I just wish I had Glenn's new surface planer to surface the boards with as it was tough to get minimal tear out around the knots.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!:wave: I now have to start designing my next project. It's a display case for loml's Grandfathers American flag and discharge papers. Then it's off to making a bed from some chocolate someone left behind here on his visit with some mappa burl veneered panels.

Great looking piece Alan. The wood is really dramatic without being overkill. You build stuff in less time than it takes me to plan it :thumb:

That is 5 coats of satin lacquer and it's as smooth as a baby's bottom.

After having the privilege to travel with Larry to some other shops on his "Tour de Wood" My views on wood selection for a project have been reinforced by what I've seen at a couple of the stops. I no longer look at knots, pinholes or mineral stains in the wood as defects but the natural beauty that needs to be celebrated!