Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show me the Cookies!!

Show me the Cookies!!

Forgive me spinny guys, as I usually don't visit your land much. That is about to change, I hope.

I picked this up yesterday. Wanted to wait until Larry was well north of me before I posted about it.

He threw in some tools, they have life in them yet, so I can't turn them down.

This was also in the deal. Really don't need another planer, but what the hay.

Now all this talk of, "Come to the dark side, we have cookies." I still have yet to find the cookies in this thing
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Pretty nice score you got there Steve!

Heck, Turning is just another good way to ruin some nice wood. I can butcher wood up pretty good both ways! Keeps the house warm in the winter time though...

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    Forgive me spinny guys, as I usually don't visit your land much. That is about to change, I hope.

I picked this up yesterday. Wanted to wait until Larry was well north of me before I posted about it.

He threw in some tools, they have life in them yet, so I can't turn them down.

This was also in the deal. Really don't need another planer, but what the hay.

Now all this talk of, "Come to the dark side, we have cookies." I still have yet to find the cookies in this thing
    Hey Steve; The 1st thing you are going to have to learn is where the tailstock goes in relation to the headstock. It looks to me you have the tailstock on the wrong end!

I'd love to have that little sucker. Mine doesn't have the VS on it, but I just use it as a permanent buffing station.

You will definitely have some fun with that baby, no question!
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Steve welcome to the right side. looks like a really nice lathe ya got there. Don't worrie about Larry he really wants one, just don't want to admit it. You will have to what for someone better at this puter stuff before you get your cookies.
    Steve

Looks like Mack is right Steve. How about if I meet you in Scottsburg to take possession of that spinny thing just to protect you from yourself? My conscience would bother me if you fall into the vertex. I'm not a turner either, but I will go to great lengths to protect a friend.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Ha, I just stuck it together real quick for the picture. The only thing I bought was the nova chuck. I have to go back and get a couple face plates he found. It's good to be part of a new club
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

It's all set up for out board bowl turning.
    And welcome to the dark side Steve.

Larry is on his way over to fix you.
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack Cameron View Post
    Hey Steve; The 1st thing you are going to have to learn is where the tailstock goes in relation to the headstock. It looks to me you have the tailstock on the wrong end!

I'd love to have that little sucker. Mine doesn't have the VS on it, but I just use it as a permanent buffing station.

You will definitely have some fun with that baby, no question!
    Mack, I think it is setup for outboard turning. Steve, don't try that yet. Turn the head around, chuck up a piece of wood and slide the tail stock up to it and make a bonker, the cookies will come. That look like a nice one
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Why did I open this thread?!

A couple weeks ago I was in Woodcraft to pick up a couple items. While there, I stopped and fondled all of the nice JET mini lathes they had on display. Luckily money is too tight right now or I may have had some 'splainin' to do later that evening.

John
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Traitor
    Faith, Hope & Charity