PC 5202 router motor

Tony Baideme

Hi friends.

Anyone here know the horsepower of a Porter-Cable #5202 HD router motor? It's one of those HUGE ones, and there are no handles on the base.

It needed bearings and I replaced those so this thing is really smooth running but you better have a good grip on it when you turn it on because it's got some serious torque.

I plan on building a lift for it and mount it on my future router table. Ought to be a great mini shaper.

TIA

Aloha, Tony

Thanks for the help Cynthia, but I don't think that is the same.

I left out an important letter in the model number I am asking about. It shows on the ID plate that it is a model # 5202 "EHD" MOTOR. (I had left out that "E" previously.) :doh: It draws 15 amps @ 120 vac. The thing, with only the base weighs in at 17 lbs. Not a light weight hand held I'm afraid. :eek: Perhaps that is the reason for not having any handles, unlike the one you linked me to. There are no indications of ever having handles. The motor body measures 4.5" ID, so I think that is why I cannot find a lift that will fit it.

I guess I better dig deeper to try again to find some info on this tool.

Aloha, Tony

I just googled it Tony and they had a couple of those on the irs auctions website listed as 3 hp. I had one and think it was the fore runner of the 7518. I didn't like it to much since the collet screwed into the shaft of the motor and we always had problems with them becoming froze up.

Thanks Alan. Kind of an old listing tho.

Yup, that looks like the animal alright, except for the collet. mine has a regular collet, with an externally threaded spindle, a tapered collet and an external collet nut. The collet is held in the nut with a snap ring so as you unscrew the nut the collet is pulled out of the spindle. (Was that a good description?)

I guess I will have to look for a 5201 base, so I can have those handles. They look as though they would give some decent control over this router for hand use.

Aloha, Tony