A little hope for those still stuck in winter

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Got the pond cleaned up yesterday and fish back in it today. I don't think the previous owners had cleaned it a couple of years, was the consistancy of pea soup. Fish sure seam happier...

DPP_0025.JPG

DPP_0009.JPG

Anyway, got around the yard this evening and got some pics of some of our flowers and trees blooming...
DPP_0016.JPG

DPP_0017.JPG

DPP_0020.JPG

DPP_0023.JPG

Even the weeds don't look that bad after this winter...
DPP_0015.JPG

More here...
https://picasaweb.google.com/libertystainedglass/Spring2011#

Yeah, wasn't too sure about what to expect. Found 13 gold fish in all, and one dead frog. Wasn't sure my wife was going to let me back in the house once she caught a wiff of what I was working in. :rolleyes: :rofl:

Very happy with the way it turned out.

Nice job on the clean-up...and great shot hitting my wounds with salt like you did, with those flowering photo's :p

We filled in our pond last fall, between the blue Heron's and the loose neighborhood cat's, it was becoming a feeding hole more than a pond, and Koi
aren't cheap{Grrr...} 12 years of scum scrubbing springs didn't help much either :rofl:

mini-P2173687.JPG

Looks like you're a couple weeks ahead of us, weather-wise. We have the daffodils, crocus, and some hyacinths blooming, and thanks to the last couple days being quite warm, the pond water is up to about 55°, and the fish want fed after the long winter dormancy.

Tulips are up, as are the peonies, and the maple trees are starting to bud out. It's really looking like Spring. (Probably get snow for Easter...)

We "technically" have a pond. But its surrounded by trees, so we don't think it would be a good thing to maintain. Right now it's just a big bowl that gathers leaves and pine needles :rofl::rofl::rofl:...

Mine is surrounded by oak and maple trees, and I'm constantly netting leaves, twigs and seeds out of it. I put a net over it in the Fall, to keep the leaves out.

It's windy today, and I've already skimmed it twice...:eek::eek:

Mine is surrounded by oak and maple trees, and I'm constantly netting leaves, twigs and seeds out of it. I put a net over it in the Fall, to keep the leaves out.

It's windy today, and I've already skimmed it twice...:eek::eek:

I'll have to try a net with mine in the fall, I probably took out a 4" layer of leaves in the bottom when I cleaned it.

I remember we had a small fish pond when I was a kid. My dad would make me clean it out. Those leaves were disgusting and smelled so bad!

Probably why I'm not all that hyped on renovating the one that's on the side of our house...