Boo-Hoo-Hoo, sniff...

Brian Altop

Wasn't paying attention and set my Domino too deep and used it on some really hard wood, Darnit!
$35 down the drain. Glad I had a spare.

Then my table saw starts billowing smoke out everywhere!!Darnit!!

Cool! A double darnit! Haven't had one of those in a while!

I guess part of my tax refund is going towards a new table saw...:rolleyes:

Well, Murphy is hitting the road, he's over stayed his welcome. Anybody have a spare bedroom and I'll point him your direction if your lonely:D?:D

Attachments

• Boo-Hoo, sniff.jpg
    Boo-Hoo, sniff.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 131
Wasn't paying attention and set my Domino too deep and used it on some really hard wood, Darnit!

Well, Murphy is hitting the road, he's over stayed his welcome. Anybody have a spare bedroom and I'll point him your direction if your lonely:D?:D

Taint got a spare bedroom for murphy, but got room for your new saw in the shop:p:rofl::rofl::rofl: so what ya getting:huh::)

Don't know what saw yet. I'm starting to look. I had the bosch 4000. Poor thing finally gave up the ghost after I have replaced the arbor bearings twice and ran 1000's of feet of wood through it. Now I want to upgrade. Not sure if I want to go all the way to something like a sawstop or pm66... I'm going to start casing prices and features.

Looked at a replacement for my saw, around $700 give or take:eek:
I thought about replacing the motor which would run around $400.

So, I'll bite the bullet and look for a full size cabinet saw. I would like my next purchase to last as long as my woodworking will (lifetime). Any suggestions?

Ayup, it's never good to let the smoke out. :yes: (Looks like you got a bit of smoke out of the Domino cutter, too.) :doh:

For me, if the budget would allow, I'd be looking real hard at the Sawstop, preferably the 3hp ICS. If the budget was tight, I'd probably be eyeing the Grizzly lineup. There are a lot of happy GG1023 owners, and the G0690 line looks promising, too. And if I was really tight on money, I'd be looking for a good deal on a used Unisaw or PM66. But that's just me. Other folks will likely have other suggestions.

would have to agree on the saw stop choice, saw one next to a delta unisaw and it was real close in price, but not in quality..the saw stop is made well!!!! and then my next choice would be a used general or pm66..your close enough to the border you might find some good used generals up your way.

Sorry about the Bosch. You know, I have the same saw (or almost). How long did you have yours?

You're going to get a lot of "suggestions". :rofl: What's the budget? My philosophy is get the best you can afford because it's the most important tool in the shop.

Cynthia,

I would not worry about the saw at all. I love it and it has been great. I have ran so much wood through it that I have actually worn out the bearings in the arbor once. The poor motor just finally gave up the ghost. You will probably get a lifetime of use out of your saw.

Ok,

I want to get a new saw. I am torn between the new Unisaw, or the Sawstop. I understand the safety factor on the Sawstop, that aside, what is your opinion either way?

The Sawstop is deff a top notch saw, the unisaw is also great (my grandfather has one that is around 18 years old and he loves it). I really like that the Unisaw is made in the US and I like the upfront controls.

How is customer service for the Unisaw?
Heard that SS is really good.

??

I've not been too impressed by the new Unisaw, but that's just me, and while I don't care for the 'politics' surrounding the SawStop, I've gotta admit the look like they have the best quality of fit and finish of anything I've seen out there.

If I were buying a new cabinet saw tomorrow, it'd be the SawStop.

Best I can recall, anyone I know of who has seen both the new Unisaw and the Sawstop has said the Sawstop felt and looked more substantial and refined than the Unisaw. The upfront controls on the Unisaw are a neat feature, but realistically, how often do you change the blade tilt?

It's the Domino effect you gotta get that thing outta your shop quick send it to me I have a Domino safe where I can lock it up & it won't bother you any more.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I purchased a used Unisaw & would do the same again. The one you buy may not have to be refurbished to this extent You should be able to find something around $600-$700 that is pretty nice.

Attachments

• 1940 Delta Unisaw the way it looked upon arrival.jpg
    1940 Delta Unisaw the way it looked upon arrival.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 12
  • A1 myshop 056.jpg
    A1 myshop 056.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I love my SawStop, it puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

I have the industrial 3HP unit, but that was before the pro unit came out.

I'd buy one again if I had to replace this one for sure.

I'm also sure that there are at least a good handful of saws that are in the same league as the SawStop.