Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another busy day today....

another busy day today....

...or giving allen a run for his money.

with this looking like the last nice day for a while, really pushed it. as you may have read in the spinny area, i got 12 spurtles turned yesterday. today was spent cutting the blanks for various other items. grand total of blanks cut today: 18 small cribbage boards, 12 large cribbage boards, 12 last man boards, 12 tic tac toe boards, and 48 napkin rings. on my next set of days off, the curves for the marbles, and holes for the cribbage boards and napkin rings to be done, the 12 smaller spurtles, and when i get my good maple, the 8 rolling pins, 8 meat mallets, and 4 potato mashers. busy monkey neh? sorry about the lack of pics, didn't have the camera with me today.
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

That's a year's worth of work for some of us here.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'll beat Don to it, "no pictures, didn't happen".

You are one busy beaver.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Spitting distance north of Detroit Michigan
    Doesn't sound like there was time for pictures...
    good day's work, feels great don't it...I try an get one or two days a year at least
    The perception of perfection is perfectly clear to everyone else

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Do you take vitamins? Eat Wheaties?
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

That's quite a day work.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

weather or no weather, i got some stuff done today. i drilled the divots for the 12 tic tac toe and last man boards (9 divots for the tic tac toe, and 15 for the last man boards), and drilled the holes for 2 of the 12 large cribbage boards (more than 250 holes each). not too bad for about 3 hours of work. also broke the cheap drill bit in the drill bit assembly. replaced it with a good one. going to hit it again after the wife is in school tomorrow, and get the rest of the cribbage boards drilled.
    benedictione omnes bene

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Noren View Post
    ...or giving allen a run for his money.

with this looking like the last nice day for a while, really pushed it. as you may have read in the spinny area, i got 12 spurtles turned yesterday. today was spent cutting the blanks for various other items. grand total of blanks cut today: 18 small cribbage boards, 12 large cribbage boards, 12 last man boards, 12 tic tac toe boards, and 48 napkin rings. on my next set of days off, the curves for the marbles, and holes for the cribbage boards and napkin rings to be done, the 12 smaller spurtles, and when i get my good maple, the 8 rolling pins, 8 meat mallets, and 4 potato mashers. busy monkey neh? sorry about the lack of pics, didn't have the camera with me today.
    Good Grief...Don't you know that there are only 24 hours in a day (at least here on earth)?

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

well, with the return of the nice weather, i got a little bit busy again. opened the box with the hard maple blanks, and i was happy! all hard maple, not like that other stuff (which will be put to good use later). all told, i finished up cutting blanks for 5 rolling pins, 7 meat mallets, 6 potato mashers, and out of the other stuff i already had on hand, blanks for 4 tapered rolling pins, 6 honey dippers, 4 small spurtles, 6 large spurtles, and 6 fruit muddlers. when i was done with that, i did the finishing cuts on the edges for the last man, and tic tac toe game boards, and drilled the holes for 4 of the large cribbage boards, with another 8 to go. i'll finish those and drill the holes for the small cribbage boards tomorrow. on a lighter note, i showed my dad (he's the old guy on the left), and his friend (the even older guy on the right), one of the tic tac toe boards, and like a couple of kids, the got the marbles out and had at it. got the pics this time....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 blanks for large cribbage boards.jpg   9 blanks for small cribbage boards.jpg   tic tac toe and last man boards.jpg   blanks cut today.jpg   last man and tic tac toe boards ready for sanding.jpg  

pop (left) and his friend with tic tac toe board.jpg   big brazilian mahogany boards drilled.jpg   where i stopped for the day.jpg  
    benedictione omnes bene

cold and rainy almost all day today, but thank goodness everything i needed to do today could be done inside. finished off the drilling of the ash and walnut large cribbage boards, and drilling of the maple, brazilian cherry, and ash small cribbage boards. when it's nice outside again, i will be trimming them up like the last man, and tic tac toe boards. tomorrow is the day i start turning of the blanks i cut yesterday, and the pics will be posted in the spinny area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ash cribbage boards drilled.jpg   walnut cribbage boards drilled.jpg   small maple cribbage boards drilled.jpg   brazilian cherry small cribbage boards drilled.jpg   ash small cribbage boards drilled.jpg  

benedictione omnes bene