another busy day today....

Dan Noren

Staff member
...or giving allen a run for his money.:D

with this looking like the last nice day for a while, really pushed it. as you may have read in the spinny area, i got 12 spurtles turned yesterday.:thumb: today was spent cutting the blanks for various other items. grand total of blanks cut today: 18 small cribbage boards, 12 large cribbage boards, 12 last man boards, 12 tic tac toe boards, and 48 napkin rings. on my next set of days off, the curves for the marbles, and holes for the cribbage boards and napkin rings to be done, the 12 smaller spurtles, and when i get my good maple, the 8 rolling pins, 8 meat mallets, and 4 potato mashers. busy monkey neh? sorry about the lack of pics, didn't have the camera with me today.

weather or no weather:mad:, i got some stuff done today. i drilled the divots for the 12 tic tac toe and last man boards (9 divots for the tic tac toe, and 15 for the last man boards), and drilled the holes for 2 of the 12 large cribbage boards (more than 250 holes each). not too bad for about 3 hours of work. also broke the cheap drill bit in the drill bit assembly. replaced it with a good one. going to hit it again after the wife:blah: is in school tomorrow, and get the rest of the cribbage boards drilled. :D:thumb:

...or giving allen a run for his money.:D

with this looking like the last nice day for a while, really pushed it. as you may have read in the spinny area, i got 12 spurtles turned yesterday.:thumb: today was spent cutting the blanks for various other items. grand total of blanks cut today: 18 small cribbage boards, 12 large cribbage boards, 12 last man boards, 12 tic tac toe boards, and 48 napkin rings. on my next set of days off, the curves for the marbles, and holes for the cribbage boards and napkin rings to be done, the 12 smaller spurtles, and when i get my good maple, the 8 rolling pins, 8 meat mallets, and 4 potato mashers. busy monkey neh? sorry about the lack of pics, didn't have the camera with me today.

Good Grief...Don't you know that there are only 24 hours in a day (at least here on earth)?

Enjoy,

Jim

well, with the return of the nice weather, i got a little bit busy again. opened the box with the hard maple blanks, and i was happy! all hard maple, not like that other stuff (which will be put to good use later). all told, i finished up cutting blanks for 5 rolling pins, 7 meat mallets, 6 potato mashers, and out of the other stuff i already had on hand, blanks for 4 tapered rolling pins, 6 honey dippers, 4 small spurtles, 6 large spurtles, and 6 fruit muddlers. when i was done with that, i did the finishing cuts on the edges for the last man, and tic tac toe game boards, and drilled the holes for 4 of the large cribbage boards, with another 8 to go. i'll finish those and drill the holes for the small cribbage boards tomorrow. on a lighter note, i showed my dad (he's the old guy on the left), and his friend (the even older guy on the right), one of the tic tac toe boards, and like a couple of kids, the got the marbles out and had at it. got the pics this time....:rofl:

Attachments

• 12 blanks for large cribbage boards.jpg
    12 blanks for large cribbage boards.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 39
  • where i stopped for the day.jpg
    where i stopped for the day.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 43
  • big brazilian mahogany boards drilled.jpg
    big brazilian mahogany boards drilled.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 43
  • pop (left) and his friend with tic tac toe board.jpg
    pop (left) and his friend with tic tac toe board.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 54
  • last man and tic tac toe boards ready for sanding.jpg
    last man and tic tac toe boards ready for sanding.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 41
  • blanks cut today.jpg
    blanks cut today.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 41
  • tic tac toe and last man boards.jpg
    tic tac toe and last man boards.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 9 blanks for small cribbage boards.jpg
    9 blanks for small cribbage boards.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 38
cold and rainy almost all day today, but thank goodness everything i needed to do today could be done inside. finished off the drilling of the ash and walnut large cribbage boards, and drilling of the maple, brazilian cherry, and ash small cribbage boards. when it's nice outside again, i will be trimming them up like the last man, and tic tac toe boards. tomorrow is the day i start turning of the blanks i cut yesterday, and the pics will be posted in the spinny area.

Attachments

• ash small cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    ash small cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 21
  • brazilian cherry small cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    brazilian cherry small cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 23
  • small maple cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    small maple cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19
  • walnut cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    walnut cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 22
  • ash cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    ash cribbage boards drilled.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 20
saturday's results, 23 tic tac toe, and last man boards finished, 16 trivets cut, and ready to be sanded and finished, and started on the spaghetti measurement boards. will post pics tomorrow, been a long day.

as i mentioned late last night, here are the pics of the tic tac toe, and last man boards, and trivets. the boards are walnut, brazilian cherry, maple, and hickory. the trivets are white oak, hickory, and maple. the trivets are a different design that i ginned up after watching a shopsmith how-to video. the one is turned over to show the 4 very solid feet, and the top dadoes run criss cross over the centers of the feet. i figured good airflow, and heat dissipation. then i nicked the edges on top and bottom with a 45 degree chamfer. now all that's left for them is sanding, and a coat of mineral oil.

Attachments

• game boards.jpg
    game boards.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 24
  • trivets.jpg
    trivets.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 24
between the weather:chair:, and the wife:blah:, i managed to get only 10 of the spaghetti portion boards done and ready to be sanded and finished.:highfive:

after this work week, i have 5 days off, i may take it a little easier....

Attachments

• spaghetti measuring boards.jpg
    spaghetti measuring boards.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 18