Your favorite shop activity

I like working in my shop pretty much anytime. But the best time is at the end of one project and the beginning of a new project. That's the only time everything is put away and there are no shavings or sawdust on the floor.

my favorite part of all woodworking is when I go out into the shop and sit down and draw out the final specs/numbers, look over at the wood pile to plan my attack of which boards, which species, measure it all up first, sit down again draw it out, make adjustments, and then the first milling as I start to transform pieces of trees into useful furniture. Just makes me feel good, watching my ideas go from paper to finished product, but the start is always the best for me.

Eventually, Id like to buy a log/tree, and have a mill cut it up for me and then have it dried, then bring it to a finished product.

I just enjoy the shop. The sights, the sounds, the smells.

Steve pretty much nailed it.:thumb: Add to that having a friend drop in, getting a cold pop or water from the fridge or coffee from the thermos. Will anyone else admit to clearing off a bench and using it for a power nap/cat nap?:rofl::rofl: Just 10 to 20 minutes does help sometimes.

I have a couple of favorites. The best is when my kids and I are working on something together. The time is precious and memories are being made.

I also enjoy that last buff, spray, rub, on a project. The time when I can reflect and take in every little imperfection and know that it came from my hands and heart.