Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Bench shots 2-24-07

Weekend Bench shots 2-24-07

Tod started this thread and for what ever reason it died a quick death and I thought it would going to be a good one. So I want to revive it.

Sometime this weekend take a photo of you bench and show us what you have on it. What the project of the weekend is. Not, you bench, whats on it.

This is not about your bench! It is about what what is on your bench!

Now that point is perfectly clear I will start with a RARE shot. My bench is never this clean. I just got feed up and put everything up. There is just one panel on there now but I am sure that will change as the day progresses.

Jeff
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

I'll contribute to the 'what's on your bench?" question.

Nothing too exciting......I'll be sanding for most of the weekend on this piece.

Here's a better pic of the actual bench......

Sanding is not my most enjoyable past-time of woodworking. It's kinda like changing the oil on a sportscar.......some people receive oodles of kicks and giggles out of changing the oil. Not me. I confess....I'm one of those that can't wait to actually drive the beast down a curvy mountain road.

So it is with sanding. One of these days I'll learn to enjoy it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perfect Arnie! Just what I wanted to see. Really nice bed. We are big Arts and Crafts fans in my house. Matter of fact my house is Arts and Crafts style.

Hoping Tod will chime in on this but I know he is busy with a big job right now.

Thought I would post a real photo of bench(es) now that I have actually been using them all day. These were taken just before I left. Have to rest the feet for a while then will go back down and finish this glue up.

Now maybe some other will play along and post photos of whats on their benches this weekend.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

You caught me adding on to the bench and getting rid of the tool tray. Clamps, hammer and chisel. That's all folks.

Steve Clardy Guest
    4x8 bench is my assembly bench.
    It will be replaced one of these days with a 4x12, and have drawer assemblies underneath for storage.

Second bench is a 4x6, and I use it for sanding, pocket holeing, etc.
    It tends to get cluttered real bad.
    You know, any flat surface
    Last edited by Steve Clardy; 10-20-2007 at 05:29 PM.

[QUOTE=Steve Clardy;25675].

Second bench is a 4x6, and I use it for sanding, pocket holeing, etc.
    It tends to get cluttered real bad.

Thats what I want it a bigger shop a bench specially built in
    front to some cabinets on the wall. Yep a pile it bench & shove it cabinets.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Bookout View Post

You caught me adding on to the bench and getting rid of the tool tray. Clamps, hammer and chisel. That's all folks.
    Great job Allen! That's gonna be a fine looking bench!

My work table is too long to get in one shot.
    It's a mess but I know where everything is. I'll be in the doweling mode for a while yet. I am loving this big work table. I'll have to stop and put the border around it one of these days.

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 02-25-2007 at 07:59 AM.

okayyyyy

I'm about midway through knocking toghether a quick-n-easy router table. It's a cross between Pat Warner's design, and the small one from the cover of the April(?) 2005 Popular Woodworking. And, of course, anything that I dream up along the way to make it suit me.

Attachment 5189
    Picture one is the main bench. The magazine is there for inspiration, and
    other parts from the project in process. I bought an extension cord that I plan to cut up - insert a switch (shown also) for turning the router off and on.

Oh and I also has pieces from my TS insert. While I was ripping pieces for the router table I also grabbed some 12mm baltic birch and started roughing out a blank for a new zero-clearance insert.

Who else finds themself getting distracted and sometimes working on two projects at the same time, or stopping one project because another one caught your attention?

Attachment 5187
    Picture two is the TS - it is the largest trustworthy flat place I have to glue/assemble the torsion-box construction of the top.

Attachment 5188
    Picture three is my old/first bench, now a sanding/assembly/extra bench. The ancient Rockwell router that is going into this router table is sitting there in pieces. It was a D-Handle, but I removed the D to make the base smaller for mounting under the table.

Here are a few shots of my benches. Sorry, no work going on in there right now, been to busy with work and preparing for the big move out west to a new "secret undisclosed location".

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    okayyyyy

I'm about midway through knocking toghether a quick-n-easy router table. It's a cross between Pat Warner's design, and the small one from the cover of the April(?) 2005 Popular Woodworking. And, of course, anything that I dream up along the way to make it suit me.

Attachment 5189
    Picture one is the main bench. The magazine is there for inspiration, and
    other parts from the project in process. I bought an extension cord that I plan to cut up - insert a switch (shown also) for turning the router off and on.

Oh and I also has pieces from my TS insert. While I was ripping pieces for the router table I also grabbed some 12mm baltic birch and started roughing out a blank for a new zero-clearance insert.

Who else finds themself getting distracted and sometimes working on two projects at the same time, or stopping one project because another one caught your attention?

Attachment 5187
    Picture two is the TS - it is the largest trustworthy flat place I have to glue/assemble the torsion-box construction of the top.

Attachment 5188
    Picture three is my old/first bench, now a sanding/assembly/extra bench. The ancient Rockwell router that is going into this router table is sitting there in pieces. It was a D-Handle, but I removed the D to make the base smaller for mounting under the table.
    Guess I'll have to hold my hand up on that one.