Smoking Fast!

Stuart Ablett

We just changed our net connection at the L shop, it was time and we moved from ADSL to FLETS

ADSL

FLET
1251561937.png

WOW, that is smoking fast! :D

We just switched to Road runner lightening to get their advertised 40mb per connection.

The guy came out and connected the new modem and ran a test. I was surprised that it was smoking at 91 mb per!!

I thanked the guy for such a fast speed and he told me that as soon as Brighthouse finds out, they will throttle it back. Lasted about 3 days at the faster speed, I mean I was downloading torrents at an amazing speed...something like 3600kb per.

Then they must have throttled it back to 40...I called them and asked them why they are throttling my connection....they said that they don't do that. I told them they were full of crap. So if anyone thinks that the providers can''t decide how much speed you get...be warned.

By the way Stu...that IS a smoking speed!

Wow, Stu. Pretty spectacular!

Last time I checked, the U.S. was nineteenth in the world as far as broadband connections go. We have a tendency to think we're hypercool here, but what we should be chanting is "We're Number 19! We're Number 19!" ;)

At that kind of speed, you could download the oxford unabridged dictionary of the english language in like 2.5 seconds!

Here's mine, which is pretty fast for these parts:

1251985497.png

Thanks,

Bill

Well, that's pretty much exactly 100X faster than my connection which is a 3G device in a router because that and satellite are all I can get. My pings are 16-17x longer. And if I use more than 10GB/mo, I pay $10/GB.

Got word today that we are still on schedule to get DSL in September but that the planned cable project in our area is on "indefinite hold." There's talk of a couple different wireless providers coming but I'll probably have to put up an expensive tower to see over nearby trees to get service from them.

I live 8.25 miles from the city limits of a city of 287,128 people but can't get real broadband. :mad: