3 days and all I got was....

Jim Burr

This is a beautiful piece of spalted maple from eBay. It's also the blank that I made Larry's layout pen from. It was a total pain to turn:( ...just kept falling apart and then another soft spot would show up. The opening started at 3/4" and ended up at 1 1/2":eek: . I have never done a collar before...but this one needed one. I had some beech that kind of looked like it would complement stuff. Opening on that is 1/2"...just so I'd look cool!!:rofl: It has an oriental fungus feel to it from the side with the collar lip...or not. I wanted to burn something on it but Steve has my burner 'cause he be da burn King!!! :thumb: 6x3 with Formby's Tung Oil finish and WoP...maybe 20 coats of each :rolleyes::p
As always, C&C used.

Attachments

• pot1.jpg
    pot1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 58
  • pot2.jpg
    pot2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 58
  • pot3.jpg
    pot3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Hmmmm..I'll try to kill the foot...I had to make it upsidedown due to the punkyness of the top, no hope for a tenon. I just remade another..this one won't be hurt...Steve, send my burner back so I can do some highlights :rofl::rofl:

Nice job with some tricky-sounding wood. :thumb: Bring this one down on Saturday...it'll be easier to offer my C&C if I can point to things in person. ;)

Thanks all!! I'm not big on the collar either, but the mouth would tear due to junk/punk wood and got bigger and bigger. But 1) it helped...even though I agree a black one would be cool 2) gave me some good experience since this was my first one. Next one will earn me millions!!!:rofl::rofl::thumb: