does Google own the world?

Frank Fusco

:eek: I got my Droid X today and have been trying to learn to operate it. This will take more than a little time. Lot to figure out. F'erinstance, every now and then, in a deep voice it will just say "DROID". Very disconcerting. I can access FW, print is very small but usable.
Then I took a test picture :photographer: with the camera. OK, it takes pictures and video. Later back to my desktop 'puter and I notice Picasa is open. :huh: Strange. I hadn't been doing pictures today. Looked, and to my surprise there were the test pics. Puzzled over this for a while until it dawned on me that Picasa is a Google product. And, to use mail and other features I had to set up a Gmail account. They all work together. Sneaky little electronic buggers. So, via the wonders of the wireless world, my camera automatically sent my pics :coolphotos: to my desktop 'puter. Amazing. :google:

Last edited:
Seems each of the Android phones do little things that others don't too. I just got my wife the samsung Epic. I noticed the address book and mail have little customizations that make them easier to navigate even though mine is running the same OS version.

Frank, I got the Droid X yesterday. I was missing phone calls and couldn't figure out why. Come to find out the droid voice is the default ring.:doh::doh:
You have to change it.

I haven't figured out too much yet, but you can expand the view to make it easier to read. Maybe us old coots can compare notes to figure this thing out :)

Wife and I plan to both get Droid X on May 22. That is when our current contract is up at the other provider. This will be our first step into the data package world. Hope it is all it is cracked up to be...

I don't think you'll be disappointed (other than the cost of the plan). I'm getting ready to do some travel and truly for the first time debated about leaving the laptop at home as I can do most everything I need to from my phone (except sketchup ;) ).

You know, I would agree. Especially if out of the office. Unless I
Needed to tether.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm quite cell phone challenged, but since we got our Droid X's a month ago...I'm loving it. Angry Birds have nothing on me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Got it through Costco. You get the phone for $49 vs. $150 on Verizon, and they rebate you your sign up fee and give you all the accessories (car jack, headset, charger, protective case, etc.)

Pretty amazing, huh Frank? To be a bit more accurate, the photo files didn't actually end up on your desktop computer...they are only being displayed on your computer. The files themselves are stored on one of Google's servers somewhere.

Rick (and all the others), I suspect you'll find that you use your new phone for more things than you ever thought you would.

Bill -

What a tethered droid might look like:

852837-1.jpg

:p

Sharon, I wish you hadn't told me about the Costco deal. :mad:
I won't say it is easy figuring it out. But, it does remind me of learning new software or a new OS. If you know how it is easy. Finding out how is frustrating. I am liking many of the features and believe we will consider this a good investment. I still haven't doped out how to get Kindle books, that is something I really want. Yes, I changed the ringtone to something very annoying. At least it isn't "DROID".
Do I 'need' this gizmo? I dunno. But it is part of our world today. I look at it as a tool and a convenience of the times. This doesn't mean I am giving up my flintlocks and buckskins anytime soon though. ;)

Here's a tip for Android users...When in the address book (Contacts), if you tap the picture of the user (or where a picture should be if they don't have one), you'll be displayed a pop-up to call, email, text, navigate, etc... (all depending on what info you have setup for them).