It's Friday...Are you sleeping Don ?

You know, you could paint a pretty good picture of someone's life, just from that list of stuff. Wow!

Oh, and here's a picture of the house, just in case Brent needs directions... :rofl:

I'm ducking and running for the door now... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Well I'm getting started on replacing the front clip on my son's car that he wrecked during an ice storm we had in February.
View attachment 56036View attachment 56037

Looks like he scuffed it a bit....:rofl:

I don't know what this weekend will bring... I got the yard mowed on Wednesday, My step son is here trying to get his blood sugar under control so he can get his DOT card and get back on the road... he's kept me busy buying plants and such for him mom, so we've been planting and doing the garden... but it rained all night last night so the ground is too wet to do anything today... maybe tomorrow.... I just got my lathe back from the repair and probably need to get off the dead spot and go do some work... I have shows coming next month and for the rest of the season...

Man, it looks like he could drop off a load of junk and they'd never notice it. :rolleyes:

You know, you could paint a pretty good picture of someone's life, just from that list of stuff. Wow!

I'm ducking and running for the door now... ;)

Well, A) it's safely past 1:00pm and I made Brent distracted by having him spray weeds, and B) I can reuse those photos to sell our stuff...looks just like the same crap we have :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That property doesn't look that bad - from SPACE!

And the list of things for sale contained vices - I have a few vices to sell . . . .

I went to a Mlitary Transport Show in Sussex County NJ this morning before the rains came in. :thumb:

I missed an Estate Sale with woodworking tools - it only ran until 3PM and I ran out of time. :eek:

Tomorrow is cleaning out some more stuff for the coming garage sale here in a few weeks.

Cheers

Jim

Well I'm getting started on replacing the front clip on my son's car that he wrecked during an ice storm we had in February.

That'll buff right out. :thumb:

attachment.php

Well, here are a couple quick pictures of the Irish Setter cutouts. I attached them to winged jumps. These will normally mount on jumps that don't have the built in wings...just a pole going straight up that the bar sits on. But it will give you the idea. (The normal bar jumps we had out are made out of larger diameter pipe than these are designed for.) dscn2851 ISCA wing 1.1.jpgDSCN2852 ISCA wing 2.jpg Sorry, the second picture is out of focus. Jim.

Those are cool cut outs!!!!
Well Saturday I went to Topeka to get the tires for my manure spreader. Lou and I bummed around on the way home. I had two Henry rifles a 22 lr and a 22 mag that were octagon barrels and never fired. The gold on the recievers was not holding up even though they were safe queens. Also had a Ruger single six that I finally realized had a mag cylinder instead of a 22 lr cylinder, no wonder it wasn't accurate. So took three guns into the gun store, walked out with three guns and no money traded hands! A marlin 22lr with scope, a S&W 22-A1 and the icing on the cake, a Browning 10 gauge pump with scroll work on both sides (bottom eject). Never have had a 10 gauge, never fired a 10 gauge. Soon as I get a box of shells, will change that.
Today, shot the S&W. Eric and I "cleaned" the gun range of many spent shotgun shells. Working on a fishing pole holder for the garage as getting it organized is top on the list at this time. Set up a turkey blind and moved a waterer and played with my mule (Ginger) a little.

I had a bit of an uncomfortable start to my week this morning.
I was invited with my wife to a 60th birthday celebration and it was in the big apple, and was a brunch. Food was great, approx 35 people in attendance, I only knew 3 or 4 of them.

Having friendly conversations with people, all seemed genuine, I was asked what I do for a living, and mentioned I was retired.
Then standing in a group of around 6-7 people, I was asked how do I spend my time now that I dont work.
I mentioned I enjoy woodworking.
Then I was asked what kind of stuff do I make(one younger guy mentioned he attended a school in Rhode Island known for furniture making and art, he was there for sculpture I believe he said, a few people were all talking at once)
They all seemed really interested, so although I only had a cruddy pic of my recent bed build on my cell, I told them Im pretty excited about my current build, that Im enjoying it and I think its going to turn out really nice.
I told them I was building a bar for my sons home.
I found out 20 minutes later 80% of the people at that party are friends of the birthday girl through AA.
It was just strange that I was asked and mentioned a bar. I felt a bit uncomfortable. I guess its just me.
I know it sounds silly, but I dont think it was an appropiate thing to bring up, I hope I didnt upset anyone.

Last edited:
Allen, that's life. It is a struggle for recovering alcoholics, but it doesn't mean the world stops for them. I don't drink at all anymore, but will someday have a bar in my family room. If nothing else, like the guns and knives in my family room, it teaches responsibility towards weapons and someday alcohol as well as personal responsibility. I wouldn't worry a bit about it. You couldn't know, if you had, it wouldn't have changed your current build. Diversity, they should know it occurs and who knows, you might get a job from the exposure. But, you now know not to build them a bar!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb:

I agree with Jon, Allen. You should have no regrets for answering the question asked of you. I know a lot of folks who no longer drink who still have no problem in social situations where others are drinking or talking about drinking. In fact, it's kind of empowering to many of them to be in that situation and not have the urge to drink anymore. I know it is to me. ;)

My brother is recovering. been so for 20 years. He will tell me frequently that it's OK for me to drink around him He says he know that for him it is poisen and he understands that other enjoy a social drink. He will have a cup of coffee when I have a scotch any day of the year.

Could of been a juice bar as far as they know, bet they didn't give it another thought...I too experience that imaginary 'foot in the mouth' now and then, but in my case it's expected, as my real ones visit there quite often :rofl: :thumb:

as they say ... water off a ducks back... now get back to work :p