Young Guy Followed My Wife Home

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
This young guy followed my wife home today from the Pet Expo in Orange County:

Mystery%20Dog%2003%20-%20800.jpg

Mystery%20Dog%2002%20-%20800.jpg

We need a third dog about like I need a hole in my head (or hole in my wallet, to be more specific), but when SWMBO falls for something, she falls hard and there's no saying no. Either a new dog was going to be sleeping in the house, or I was going to be sleeping in the doghouse. :rolleyes:

He's about a year old, weighs 80 pounds or so, and is so far unnamed. The shelter she adopted him from found him on the streets, and has had him for about a month. He's got a sweet, calm disposition and seems to be real smart. He has all the German Shepard traits except color...we're guessing he's probably a Shepard/Yellow Lab cross. Despite the look of the pictures, he's got a very soft coat. (Like we really needed another yellow dog hair factory in the house.) :D And he's already well on his way to being spoiled...

Mystery%20Dog%2004%20-%20800.jpg

Awww, he's a good looking guy!

I used the think black labs had 'fur problems' till we got our yellow lab Bucky...

Congratulations! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Looks like another good one Vaughn. Our white boxer, Lily, we have tried everything, she sheds year round. Oh well, life is to short to worry about that. Looks like that dog knows where his bread is buttered as well as who to thank for the new home! :thumb::thumb:

Yeah, we're pretty accustomed to dog hair. It's a running contest when we eat together to see who finds a hair on their plate first. :p Could be from the dogs, or could be from one of us. :rolleyes: :D

Great looking dog & from the looks of those paws he's going to do some more growing...Expo's got a nice ring to it for a name :thumb:
Looks pretty comfortable in those shot's, has he seen the shop yet? Tuff choice, sawdust & shavings or the luxury of furniture...bet I know what he chooses:rofl:

He looks like a good new addition to your family Vaughn, with his hair color at looks like you and him will blend well:p:D Now is he going to be a shop dog is the next question:rolleyes:

Vaughn: He reminds me of LOML's childhood dog Sandy. She looked like a standard German Shepherd with a brown undertone instead of black.

He looks quite comfortable around your place.

Best wishes with your new friend. Maybe he'll enjoy hanging in the shop with you.

Cheers

Jim

This one won't be a shop dog. Part of the reaon LOML figured she HAD to have him was because I stole her dog from her when we got married. (Hey, it's not my fault he's a Daddy's Boy.) :rolleyes: Apparently her life has been incomplete ever since we had to put down Phoenix last year. :bang: :D

I hear some of the new pet foods have people flavors too! I'll see if I have a coupon.:eek::eek:

Ha! Yeah, I'm thinking Pedigree Lamb and Rice might go well with a fresh salad and a nice Chardonnay. :p

Great looking dog and sure seems to be happy to have been brought "home". I think it is great how you guys open your hearts and homes to these wonderful animals. Folks who neglect or mistreat their animals just don't get it.

Looks like the dog has a good home with loving friends. We have 3 rescue dogs that share the house with us; and we appreciate their doing that.:rofl: I do believe that rescue dogs understand and appreciate what you have done for them.

This one won't be a shop dog. Part of the reaon LOML figured she HAD to have him was because I stole her dog from her when we got married. (Hey, it's not my fault he's a Daddy's Boy.) :rolleyes: Apparently her life has been incomplete ever since we had to put down Phoenix last year. :bang: :D

Ha! Yeah, I'm thinking Pedigree Lamb and Rice might go well with a fresh salad and a nice Chardonnay. :p

Perish the thought…you should know better...Merlot with lamb you uncouth diner!! !!