Thread: A cryin' shame

A cryin' shame

Last year my son bought this 1927 Model TT (one ton) He is the third owner. It is all original and really runs great.

I bring to your attention the wood side boards, there is another set to make the box even taller, and they are all 5/4 Mahogany!!! Painted very dark green. Why couldn't Henry Ford use oak and quit tempting me??

Just brings a tear to my eye when I see that mahogany grain peeking out through the paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TT.JPG  

So does he know haw to grip the crank properly so in case of a kickback he doesn't get a broken arm?
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Love it. There is a charm to the old vehicles that today's stuff will never have.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    So does he know haw to grip the crank properly so in case of a kickback he doesn't get a broken arm?
    Always an up pull with your hand under the crank so if it backfires it pulls it through your hand and not into your arm. From 6 to 12 position. NEVER 12 down to 6 o'clock.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Never wrap your thumb around the crank either .
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

That's a very cool truck. Looks like Henry was smart going with the mahogany. It has lasted 84 years so far.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Larry and I saw one in "rough" condition while I had him in my pickup on his tour de wood. Stopped back by it this Saturday but they were closed so didn't get to talk business about it. The wheels are shot, frame shot, body real rough. But, I have ideas.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Ah the good ole days. Back before electric starters, heaters, air conditioners, power steering, etc.

Back in those days a lot of the city traffic was horse pulled wagons. And of course horse pulled wagons left horse pucks. One of my very good friends was nearly killed by the fact that he fell out of the Model T. This happened while the vehicle was making a turn at an intersection.

The fall hardly hurt him. However, he scooted a bit, like a skip-loader. He skipped up a load. Then nearly died of suffocation before they could get all of the horse poo dug out of his mouth and nostrils.

Ah yes, the good ole days!

I hope you enjoyed this more than Jack enjoyed his slide thru the recycled hay.

Sorry, even though I lived thru the good ole days---I am a modern man (well except I have to keep Asking Glenn Computer Questions).

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Newby View Post
    Last year my son bought this 1927 Model TT (one ton) He is the third owner. It is all original and really runs great.

I bring to your attention the wood side boards, there is another set to make the box even taller, and they are all 5/4 Mahogany!!! Painted very dark green. Why couldn't Henry Ford use oak and quit tempting me??

Just brings a tear to my eye when I see that mahogany grain peeking out through the paint.
    Well, you could make some oak side boards, paint them up as look-a-likes and do a switch out one weekend when he runs and errand for you!

I love these old cars/trucks. Just taking one for a short drive down a quiet road just brings peace to your soul, a time almost forgotten by today.

Know where near this old, but i've got a friend keeping an eye out for a 68 dodge charger r/t with a 440 and sixpack. He found one this last week, I'm going to go take a look tomorrow.
    That's not even a smile! That's just a bunch of teeth playing with my mind!