A cryin' shame

Roger Newby

Last year my son bought this 1927 Model TT (one ton) He is the third owner. It is all original and really runs great.

I bring to your attention the wood side boards, there is another set to make the box even taller, and they are all 5/4 Mahogany!!!:eek::( Painted very dark green.:(:( Why couldn't Henry Ford use oak and quit tempting me??:dunno::dunno:

Just brings a tear to my eye when I see that mahogany grain peeking out through the paint.

Attachments

• TT.JPG
    TT.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 72
Larry and I saw one in "rough" condition while I had him in my pickup on his tour de wood. Stopped back by it this Saturday but they were closed so didn't get to talk business about it. The wheels are shot, frame shot, body real rough. But, I have ideas. :rolleyes::rofl::thumb:

Ah the good ole days. Back before electric starters, heaters, air conditioners, power steering, etc.

Back in those days a lot of the city traffic was horse pulled wagons. And of course horse pulled wagons left horse pucks. One of my very good friends was nearly killed by the fact that he fell out of the Model T. This happened while the vehicle was making a turn at an intersection.

The fall hardly hurt him. However, he scooted a bit, like a skip-loader. He skipped up a load. Then nearly died of suffocation before they could get all of the horse poo dug out of his mouth and nostrils.

Ah yes, the good ole days!

I hope you enjoyed this more than Jack enjoyed his slide thru the recycled hay.

Sorry, even though I lived thru the good ole days---I am a modern man (well except I have to keep Asking Glenn Computer Questions).

Enjoy,

Jim

Last year my son bought this 1927 Model TT (one ton) He is the third owner. It is all original and really runs great.

I bring to your attention the wood side boards, there is another set to make the box even taller, and they are all 5/4 Mahogany!!!:eek::( Painted very dark green.:(:( Why couldn't Henry Ford use oak and quit tempting me??:dunno::dunno:

Just brings a tear to my eye when I see that mahogany grain peeking out through the paint.

Well, you could make some oak side boards, paint them up as look-a-likes and do a switch out one weekend when he runs and errand for you!:D:D

I love these old cars/trucks. Just taking one for a short drive down a quiet road just brings peace to your soul, a time almost forgotten by today.

Know where near this old, but i've got a friend keeping an eye out for a 68 dodge charger r/t with a 440 and sixpack. He found one this last week, I'm going to go take a look tomorrow.