what do you lose?

I dont have a problem with pencils as I have a coffee can attached to each machine with pencils and markers in them. I do however lose tapemeasures all the time. We must have 15 of them floating around the shop.

What tool do you lose most frequently?
?
What do you lose?

That's easy, THE ONE I WANT RIGHT NOW!

Enjoy,

Jim

I should have read the posts prior to responding to the thread.

Pencils are always within reach. I have containers all over the shop, including holders fastened to the outside of cupboard doors. I often lose the pencil I had in my hand two minutes ago---however all I have to do is stick my hand out and grab another.
When the pencils get to be short I take them to the YMCA gym. Pencils disappear from the gym counter at a rapid rate so they are glad to get shorties...they are not going to last long anyway.

Last edited:
I loose what ever I have at hand. I have looked for my glasses several times. Only to find I have them one my face, where they belong.

It's real bad when you are going down the road and can't remember if you brought your car keys. Then the light bulb goes on, the keys are in the ignition.

I loose what ever I have at hand. I have looked for my glasses several times. Only to find I have them one my face, where they belong.

It's real bad when you are going down the road and can't remember if you brought your car keys. Then the light bulb goes on, the keys are in the ignition.

I do the glasses thing all the time :doh:

More times than I can count I'll load up the truck with the weekly trash and do a few errands before I go to the dump. I'll go to the bank, post office, get a cup of coffee, stop by the market and shoot the breeze with a couple of buddies and then come home only to get out of the truck and see the trash still in the back of the truck :eek:

I do the glasses thing all the time :doh:

More times than I can count I'll load up the truck with the weekly trash and do a few errands before I go to the dump. I'll go to the bank, post office, get a cup of coffee, stop by the market and shoot the breeze with a couple of buddies and then come home only to get out of the truck and see the trash still in the back of the truck :eek:

Well I don't feel so bad now.

Lately I've not had more than one day in a row in the shop...I'm keep loosing track of what I was doing the last time I was out there. :doh:

Also I loose tape measures...I just found 2 in my daughters room last night...she likes to measure her windows! :)

Mostly I lose what I am using or something that I decided I had found a really good place to store. Any time I find a really good place to store something it often means a trip to the store to buy another one when I want to use it again.

Yes I found my second cylinder compression gage yesterday while looking for something else. They are both stored together now and they are something I may use 10 times in my entire life...

So what do you bet I end up with three before I die!

Garry

I don't ! LOL I still have the tools I bought in college for stretching canvas over frames. They might get misplaced or absconded from one of my son's but I do not lose tools. i'm too cheep to buy new one's :rofl:

My Mom had a T-Shirt "Of all the thing's I have lost, I miss my mind the most".

I seem to be like everyone else - pencils and measuring devices are my most commonly misplaced items.

LOML - has a little battery powered pencil sharpener that has to be 30+ years old. It's got some serious SNOT. I asked for one and she bought me a 110 Volt model that is NOWHERE near as powerful. I tried to offer her an even up swap but she wasn't going for it.

I was at a garage sale and bought pencil sharpener below.

I was originally confused by the front part which actually grips the pencil until I realized it was a self-feed mechanism. Pull it out and stick the pencil in the jaws. Turn the handle and when the sound is smooth the pencil is REALLY sharp.

The older tools were made to last. Stamped into the front is "Oil Rear Slots". You know it was made to last when they STAMP maintenance instructions into something.

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_4413 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_4413 (Medium).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13