Garden Obelisk trellis designs

index.php
ya Go

Opps try here http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=436

Last edited:
What's really weird is I was researching obelisks earlier today...

I got a fair number of hits on the garden variety, but the one I'm planning on building isn't going to be built out of wood...

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Fantastic. We are going to do something similar in our huge front yard (letting the grass die in the desert). We plan to then have smaller props to signify the equinoxes and solstices to be placed in reference to the central obalisque. Need to get the design going.

Hey Jay, well we are killing of our grass because being on a well in the driest state in the country doesn't justify keeping it green (none the less fitting in with the natural environment).

So, we are exploring an idea to turn it into a labyrinth. A walking path to the center, surrounded by smaller garden patches and icons representing the changing of the seasons.

All ideas are welcome :thumb::thumb::thumb:

< :threadjacked: >

Well, I guess we've officially hijacked this thread... :rolleyes:

That's exactly the idea Bill! But we are thinking of mixing in some other elements with the central point being an 8' tall obelisk (cast concrete) in the middle, with smaller obelisks marking the points of the solstices and equinoxes... I think I've mentioned it before and someone named it 'BrentHenge'? :rofl::rofl:

</ :threadjacked: >

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread....

Fantastic. We are going to do something similar in our huge front yard (letting the grass die in the desert). We plan to then have smaller props to signify the equinoxes and solstices to be placed in reference to the central obalisque. Need to get the design going.

This design goes to eleven:

SpinalTapStonehenge.jpg

First thing I thought of. :p

Thanks everyone, I had found that post, but looking for something more "fancy".... If I find anything or do my own, I'll be sure to post. Thanks again!!