Thread: artistry in wood

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines

artistry in wood

Saturday and Sunday the Des Moines Woodworker held an Artistry in Wood show. This is where memebers show the project that they have made and their skills. There are a couple of turned hf turned by Wayne Bower. Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 019 (600 x 450)word.jpg   001 (600 x 450) bat 1.jpg   002 (600 x 450) bat2.jpg   003 (600 x 450) bat3.jpg   004 (600 x 450) turnings 1.jpg  

005 (600 x 450) turnings2.jpg   007 (600 x 450)turnings3.jpg   008 (600 x 450)turning4.jpg   006 (600 x 450) Wayne's hf.jpg   010 (600 x 450)train.jpg  

I wonder how that bat would stand up too a few hits? I can just see the thing flying into a few hundred pieces. Pretty cool all the same.
    I'm a certifiable tree hugger. (it's a poor mans way of determining DBH before cutting the tree down)

Thanks for the show.

I see all of those little pieces put together and I think, "Boy, they are not Type A's like me."

I am not a train buff, but I really like the engine and coal car. If the maker wants to sell it---One of my receptionists, husband is a train nut. His backyard is a live steam model railroad layout. This is something that would really apeal to him. The $$$ are readily available.

Enjoy,

Jim
    First of all you have to be smarter than the machine.
    VOTING MEMBER

Looks like a lot of nice work at the show. Wayne's pieces look great. Is the dark one walnut? I really like the bark top on it. The train is also fine work indeed.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Wow, there sure are some talented woodworkers there
    Faith, Hope & Charity

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Great job by everyone involved. Wayne we want to see that one with the bark up closer.

Rex, thanks for taking us along to the show!
    Man those were fantastic pieces of art for sure. Would be interesting to add up the man hours (no disrespect to women intended) on all the pieces in your pictures.
    That train is so intricate. I cannot imagine the effort involved. All of them, they definitely show the artists/woodworkers talents.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Rex thanks for remembering your camera...I went to take a look with my dad on saturday and we both forgot a camera. There were some great pieces there...wish I would have remembered to take something to include too!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

So glad you took pictures Rex. I thought the train was outstanding and showed true craftsmanship.