Well, when my little TS bit the dust took it in to be fixed and the place I take it too is no longer in business. So I borrowed my dad's old tiny, tiny, skillsaw table saw.
Well, after using it a couple of times and gritting my teeth so I didn't teach my dog bad words I had to do something about the table and fence. The table insert is a piece of sheet metal that is lower than the rest of the table and not fixable, the fence sucks, etc. I have to wait till this weekend to get a new TS so this is what I came up with so I can finish some projects...
This is my one mistake. These are the wrenches for changing the blade. I can not get to them, or the blade to change it out for that matter. Good thing I have a good combo blade on already!!
This is the under side of the fence. Two strips of the HMW whatever tape (slippery plastic tape with adhesive backing.) One here and other at other end.
This is the dust collection. I've gotta say, it works better than my Bosch did for dust collection. Basically Zero dust from the saw!
Here is the final product. The wax was not dry yet for the picture but I wasn't going to wait. I only had my Renaissance wax and at $30 I wasn't going to use more than needed! The fence is square to the blade within .002 inch front and back of the blade, no flex at all. I used a 5/16 T-bolt and knob and incra track that I was going to use for my table saw sled I was going to fix (posted about a while back). Good thing I didn't play with the sled, I'm going to have to modify it to fit a new TS.
So, it's flat, square, no flex in the fence (though you have to use a tape measure) and works very well.
Not too bad for coming in 2nd behind Ken!!!