Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt 735 Table Adjusments

Dewalt 735 Table Adjusments

A Dewalt DW735 planer showed up in my garage. I had a piece of 1x4 pine scrap I played with to see what it would do. Ran several 1/32" and 1/16" passes. Got a nice pile of chips in the driveway, a much thinner piece of scrap with a nice surface, and a pretty light snipe pattern about 3" in from the end.

I don't have space for a dedicated planer stand with fixed in and out-feed tables, so ordered the Dewalt add-on fold-up kit. Those may not be perfect, but that are what I currently have the space for.

I thought I saw something here on the amount to adjust the tables up from perfectly flat in line with the planer table to effectively remove the snipe problem, but did not write it down and cannot find that thread again.

What's the correct amount to raise the outside edge of the tables, and are both in-feed and out-feed adjusted up the same amount?

Thanks for any advice and guidance,

Tom

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    mine is 1/32 but it may vary.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

+1 on varying. Dad's is nearly 1/4" high on in and outfeed table tips vs the platten. My DW-734 is a fat 1/8".
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks

Thank you for the info. I was hoping for an easy answer. Guess I'll start at 1/32" and work up until it runs without sniping. I'd have been nervous about cranking them up by 1/4", but if that's what it takes...

Tom

Here you go

"Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

bart, that one great set of instructions for this process....well done...
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I didn't open Bart's provided address until Larry's comment. Then I did open and read it. Now that author I can follow and understand. Who ever that is did an excellent job without putting it into engineer lingo. Thanks Bart and thanks Larry for inadvertently making me go back and read that. I saved it and will print it out later for my shop note book. Tom, I think Bart nailed it for you on the details.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Great article. Thanks Bart
    Faith, Hope & Charity

This just goes to show It's not what you know but if you know where to find the information. I met Dan at a woodworkers & turners BBQ & picnic several years ago but have lost contact with him.

I have started something that I highly recommend because might help each of us help each other. I have a folder on my computer labeled shop & in it folders with pictures of shop tools etc. along with a folder with in the folder of pictures labeled Planer info or table-saw info etc. where I store info like adjusting planer tables. I know some will say your to organized or that's to much work. It's really not especially when you need it for your self or want to help someone else.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Thanks Bart

Thank You Bart.

That's what I needed. You'd think perhaps DeWalt would have included that with the in/out-feed table instructions.

Tom