folks is......well......you know.....

Frank Fusco

Yes, folks is funny critters. I must enjoy the frustration and annoyance that comes with trying to figure them out. :pullhair:
Tell y'all what I am talking about.
My desk and what laughingly passes for my office are in the basement, walk out type, next to the furnace and water heater. I call it my 'Raymond' office.
I have always had trouble hearing the doorbell which is upstairs. So, a year ago, I installed a wireless system to ring in my office. We now have two buttons at the front door that I labeled (I thought) very clearly. In that year only one person has pushed a button to ring either bell. Now, they all knock. And, being downstairs, I sometimes do not hear the knock.
All I want to know is: why won't they ring the bell (or bells)??? :huh:

This is simple....

You gave people a choice, now they they wonder what that second bell really does...

Is it true it rings the office? Is it true the other rings the house?

Then the thought arises...It's a trick!! If I chose the wrong one it releases the Kraken!!!

So, they knock knowing a known outcome. Either someone answers or they don't.

No kraken to deal with!!!

Human thinking solved!!

Or their all just 'special' peoples.....:eek:

In my experience...if given an option numbering greater than one, humans will argue internally for an indeterminable amount of time and then reach a decision which a large percentage of time is similar to "I don't know".
:rofl: :thumb::p:huh::dunno::eek::rolleyes:;)

Sometimes, the place where the bell buttons are is not as obvious as it may seem to the owner of the house who knows where they are.

For instance, I don't know in US but here they are always on the right of the door frame, if by any reason they are placed on the left, either they go unnoticed or it takes you a while to find them because you keep looking for them on the right hand side.

And jokes apart, it is not fear of a kraken as Brian suggests:) but fear of not ringing to the place where we want to.
Ergonomics has a lot to do with these "simple" things. Just check the knobs of your stove and remember wether you had to learn which one related to which fire or not. Many of them are not as intuitive as one may think.

Yep,

Put this several hundred feet down the driveway. I'm not sure if it's a driveway alert system or some kind of dog barking activation device. All I know is that when the delivery guys stop buy, it goes off and Starbuck goes bonkers. :eek:

No way someone can sneak up on us out here... :rofl: :rofl:

Yep,

Put this several hundred feet down the driveway. I'm not sure if it's a driveway alert system or some kind of dog barking activation device. All I know is that when the delivery guys stop buy, it goes off and Starbuck goes bonkers. :eek:

No way someone can sneak up on us out here... :rofl: :rofl:

I bought 3 HF versions. One is on the cellar stairs and blares out a buzzer that I can hear over the TS :thumb::thumb: Only problem is the cat sets it off when he either comes up or down the stairs :doh:

My driveway one is about 250' down thee driveway. It also works great. The deer and other animals set it off all the time :doh: Just set back from the end of the driveway so some ding dong who uses your driveway for a turn around doesn't set it off.

I gave one to my daughter and she loves it. Hers is about 300' down the driveway.
I paid $14.99 for 2 of them and $11.99 for the other. HF is always having sales on them. They really do work well.

I have the same problems with coyotes, deer and other animals occasionally. I don't worry too much about someone sneaking up my driveway at night so I usually turn off the receiver if I hear the coyotes howling. It's more to let me know who is coming around during the day.