Deluge

Sharon,

Be careful in all that rain! Whew! With .18" that's almost enough to wash away your house!:rofl:

How much do you normally get in a year? I don't think the total volume here is all that much, just rains very often.

I miss the big thunder storms and lighting of the midwest. You could smell the rain coming.

Here, I just feel like a frog. Always wet. (It's not that bad, just seems that way sometimes!)

Supposedly Reno gets 1/2 of its precipitation from December through March.

My records for this year shows a grand total of 1.7" so far (from 1/1/2011)....

Better start doing the rain dance some more...

I was able to do a summary report. Since December 1st, I've recorded 2.62" of precipitation...

To quote Bill Murray from Ground Hog day "Did you want to talk about the weather or were you just making chitchat?" :rofl:

Yes, I'm a weather geek and every day I record the previous days precipitation for http://www.cocorahs.org/

We only get 5-7" total a year. I love the thunder storms in the summer (Brent hates them because of the wild fire risk). It can snap, crackle and pop like crazy and we either do or don't get a downpour, but sure is pretty to watch. Electricity usually goes out as well.

One of the things I loved about the midwest growing up was that it would rain like mad, then it would quit and the sun would come out and it would be warm.

When I visited Tennessee to visit my friend, the humidity would build and build till it would rain, then it would start building again. It's the only place I've been where after I took a shower and dried off, it felt like I had to dry off again due to the humidity!

Here is Tacoma in a nutshell for the year.

Normal Precipitation
(TACOMA 1 Weather station, 1.10 miles from Tacoma)
Jan 5.38, Feb 4.44, Mar 4.18, Apr 2.87, May 2.01, Jun 1.58, Jul 0.86 , Aug 0.83, Sep 1.42, Oct 3.39, Nov 6.10, Dec 5.89
Annual 38.95"

(Copied from a weather statistics site)
Tacoma, WA climate is mild during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 60's and cold during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 40's.

The warmest month of the year is August with an average maximum temperature of 76.60 degrees Fahrenheit, while the coldest month of the year is January with an average minimum temperature of 35.10 degrees Fahrenheit.

Temperature variations between night and day tend to be moderate during summer with a difference that can reach 21 degrees Fahrenheit, and fairly limited during winter with an average difference of 13 degrees Fahrenheit.
Tacoma, WA climate is mild during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 60's and cold during winter when temperatures tend to be in the 40's.

The warmest month of the year is August with an average maximum temperature of 76.60 degrees Fahrenheit, while the coldest month of the year is January with an average minimum temperature of 35.10 degrees Fahrenheit.

Temperature variations between night and day tend to be moderate during summer with a difference that can reach 21 degrees Fahrenheit, and fairly limited during winter with an average difference of 13 degrees Fahrenheit.

The annual average precipitation at Tacoma is 38.95 Inches. Winter months tend to be wetter than summer months. The wettest month of the year is November with an average rainfall of 6.10 Inches.

One thing I miss about living in NM is the summer thunderstorms. I enjoy thunder and lighting. I've even taken a indirect lightning hit to the arm that was strong enough to knock me backward, but I don't fear it, just respect it.

Thunderstorms are a rare occurrance around my part of California, so they get everyone all wound up. It seems people get more freaked out about thunder and lightning than they do about earthquakes. That said, I've not experienced the kinds of storms like those that have been hitting the midwest recently. From what I've seen in photos and videos, that's a whole other level of hardcore.