From veal to millwork

nice size shop al, and the floor looks perfect.(wish I had a concrete floor that even)

my eyes are a bit off, so my floor being off , well, I lean my head to one side and it evens it all out.

Jon, i started post over in off topic about the implant if you are intrested.

Allen, it is not perfect, we found three spots that are low, but when you only pay 8 guys 3 cases of beer and bbq burgers you cant complain much.:D

We didnt get anything done it the shop today. Somehow we miss placed the #8 wire to wire up the molders.:huh: I still dont know how you can misplace a roll of 200' of #8 cord.:dunno: We did get the 120V lines ran for the molders and the power for the ts. Hopefully tommrow we can get alot more done.

Bob, yes, we have 7 more 8' fixtures that we got from the concrete plant when they did a upgrade and about 6 double bulb 4' fixtures, plus several area lights. For now we are just trying to get the machines powered up and making all the needed storage. Hopefully by next week we will have the shop 95% done.

progress has been slow going. Had to take a break from setting up the shop to reglue 7 chairs for a guy then we had some trim to run for a different cleint. Hopefully monday I can get back at it. Right now it looks like a bomb went off in it. Lumber is spread all over and molding is stacked up on the table.

Well, you've gotta make some money sometime, huh? We'll stay tuned and get back to the show after your commercial break. ;)

Well the wood rack it built and in the "WRONG" place:doh: we put it together last night and it was 9;30 by time we finished it. We never even checked to make sure it was in the proper place. So now we can only mill boards up tp 12' long. It is to late to move it as it is already loaded half full and i dont want to unload it to move it. So, once we get it worked down we will swap the ply rack and the wood rack and then it will be all set. I managed to get the new router table built. Built a few drawers in the assembly table. The humidity has mad work in the shop slow way down. We just finihesd milling 650 lf ofcrown for a guy, repaired 5 chairs and rebuilt a end table. Next week should be able to get more done befor i leave for a week. I will post pics tommrow.

I feel your pain Al.

I've got a bit ole load of wood on a rack on my driveway I have to move tomorrow because I'm afraid my well pump needs replacing and it's in the way. probably not as big a load as you have, but it's just me.

Oh, and I have a 46 chevy that doesn't run that I need to move too. Should be a fun day! :rolleyes:

If i had more time next week i would stop by to help. Are noraml loads that come in are between 2 and4,000 bft. Sheet stock is usally around 20 sheets.

Shop closed

Well I hung on as long as I could, but the shop has not seen a decent size jig in over three month now and it is time to pull the plug. For now im just hanging out and soon will be moving to Lubbock, Tx.:wave:

Well, that bites. Maybe it's a sign to get out of the cold country, an idea it seems you've been kicking around for a while. Here's hoping Texas is better for business. :thumb:

Boy that really stinks. After all the time and effort you put into the new shop. Word is that Texas and Florida are really showing signs of recovery. Things should be better down there than up here. Good luck :thumb::thumb: