Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: From veal to millwork

Looks good so far!

The process can be rather messy, but the end result will be worth it!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Well the wood rack it built and in the "WRONG" place we put it together last night and it was 9;30 by time we finished it. We never even checked to make sure it was in the proper place. So now we can only mill boards up tp 12' long. It is to late to move it as it is already loaded half full and i dont want to unload it to move it. So, once we get it worked down we will swap the ply rack and the wood rack and then it will be all set. I managed to get the new router table built. Built a few drawers in the assembly table. The humidity has mad work in the shop slow way down. We just finihesd milling 650 lf ofcrown for a guy, repaired 5 chairs and rebuilt a end table. Next week should be able to get more done befor i leave for a week. I will post pics tommrow.

I feel your pain Al.

I've got a bit ole load of wood on a rack on my driveway I have to move tomorrow because I'm afraid my well pump needs replacing and it's in the way. probably not as big a load as you have, but it's just me.

Oh, and I have a 46 chevy that doesn't run that I need to move too. Should be a fun day!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

If i had more time next week i would stop by to help. Are noraml loads that come in are between 2 and4,000 bft. Sheet stock is usally around 20 sheets.

Shop closed

Well I hung on as long as I could, but the shop has not seen a decent size jig in over three month now and it is time to pull the plug. For now im just hanging out and soon will be moving to Lubbock, Tx.

Sorry to hear the news about your business. I hope your luck turns for the better in Lubbock. If it's not too personal, why there?

Well, that bites. Maybe it's a sign to get out of the cold country, an idea it seems you've been kicking around for a while. Here's hoping Texas is better for business.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Boy that really stinks. After all the time and effort you put into the new shop. Word is that Texas and Florida are really showing signs of recovery. Things should be better down there than up here. Good luck
    So Mote It Be