We are VERY Proud!!

Stuart Ablett

We are very proud of our daughter Erika who moved to Canada last March 25th to attend high school in my hometown in Canada.

In the last semester out of 9 courses she got 7 "A"s and two "B"s :thumb:

One of the "B"s she missed getting an "A" by 1% the other by only 2%. :doh:

Please remember, Erika has only been going to school in Canada for a year, her mother tongue is NOT English, but Japanese, she has studied so very hard and really worked at fitting in and getting along over there, I cannot tell you how proud my wife and I are :D

my_three_girls.jpg
My three girls, Erika is on the right

erika_grampa_lady.jpg
Erika, grampa and his dog Lady.

You should be proud Stu! Great for her!!!!
I'll bet Grandma and Grandpa are loving having her there and really getting to know her. And for the rest of her life, this will be memories for her also. Glad to hear the transition is going well, bet you and the Mrs. are missing her. Tell her congrats and keep up the excellent work!!!:thumb::thumb:

Good on her Stu. Glad to here that she is doing so good. Of course you both have to pat yourselves on the back too as it has to come from somewhere and it just shows that you have both done something right. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

:congrats:

of course... it's still April! Just wait for those finals!
How is she handling the culture? Hope she's making friends, high school can be a trying time with peer groups. (I strongly disliked high school mostly for social reasons)

Even straight C's would have impressed me, considering the magnitude of the change. My oldest just turned 14 and I can't imagine him being ready to move out next year.

(How many of you read the Harry Potter books? I read all of them as they came out and loved them.... and then my oldest hit age 11 and I just shook my head at the thought of kids that age being shipped off to boarding school without parental supervision!)

If ye can do it, it ain't braggin'
A big congrats to Erika, you and your wife. :thumb: That is a great accomplishment.
She, obviously, learned values and the rewards of hard work from you both.

congrats on some good academics and up bringun..parents make the children and the children make there own place with what they are made available to, be it discipline or good educational institutions,, but a combination of both are necessary to succeed:D:thumb:

I know that you and Emiko are proud as peacocks for her accomplishments as well you should be. However it takes good parents and upbringing to produce well behaved dedicated children. She has the two of you to thank for her stable upbringing. I'm proud for her too and she looks like an absolutely wonderful young lady sitting there with her grandpa. I can hardly believe your girls are nearly grown. I've enjoyed watching them grow up.